Rain question

My wife and I may go hit up our favorite creek this afternoon from dead low through incoming. you think all this rain matters?

Even if it does, how can you beat getting out and soaking a line? I’m coming down tomorrow and while I hope to catch something, I simply look forward to spending some time with some fellow fisherman. Catching just makes the day better.

1 Like

With the dirty dirty water now with all the rain and runoff, I thought the bite wouldn’t be good. If you’re going for trout, yes I think it affects it. For reds, put a smelly bait on the bottom and they’ll find it. I don’t think the reds care about the dirty water.

sounds good i’m pumped

1 Like

Cut mullet, fresh shrimp (live is better), or quartered crab. I haven’t had a lot of success with gulp baits lately. They’ll hit it, but it seems like crab is the best right now.

Good advise here. Also depends on what creek your in. If I’m fishing Combahee or asheepoo and a lot of rain comes in, it does affect my areas further up river. But if I’m in the Coosaw or other saltwater creeks not fed by a major fresh water river, not so much.

You cast netting for your mullet? And where are ya getting your live shrimp?

1 Like

Yeah I throw the net in the creek at low Tide to catch both mullet and shrimp. The shrimp are harder to get and the size isn’t huge but I usually find 10 or 12 while I’m casting for finger mullet.

Try throwing beside the grass on the falling tide and beside/behind oyster rakes for more shrimp than casting at dead low

The shrimp hide in the grass, so when the water is falling there is a sweet spot when the edges of the grass and the middle of small fingers hold lots of shrimp.

Thats not always the case, but mostly. Given the size and draft of your boat you probably shouldnt be in real skinny water around low tide anyway.