Ramps for pickup

Looking for a set of ramps to load a lawn mower into the back of a truck. A friend in Orangeburg is giving me a practically new rider and I have no way of getting it in the back of my son’s truck. I could by the brackets and lumber for 40 bucks or rent a trailer for the same price. Truck drinks enough gas as it is. I can’t really afford the extra cash just for a one time use. Does any one in Charleston have a set of ramps I might could use? It’ll be a few weeks before I’m ready.
Thanks,
Bill

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

any chance of a near by ditch that’s not too soft to bog you down? What I’ve found on loading a rider in a truck is the deck hitting unless you have some really long ramps.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

3 or 4 guys can probably pick it up? I did that with my last rider, a craigslist POS but thats besides the point :slight_smile:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Fred, they just filled in the ditch in front of my house and put down a sidewalk. Also the lady with the mower doesn’t have a ditch either.
Optiker I wish it was that easy. The tail gate of the truck sits over waist high on me. Granted I’m not that tall but it is probably at least 3 feet.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

I have a set of ramps you can borrow. They are only 8 ft long but are strong enough to get a Harley in a truck. You are still probably going to run into the issue of the deck bottoming out on the truck.

I live on James Island. Shoot me an email at engineer-diver@hotmail.com
a couple days in advance to make sure I’m around.

Narcosis

Bill,

I have a set of 4 wheeler ramps you can borrow if needed. Just give me a heads up as I’ll have to bring them from my hunting place.

Similar to this:

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Cheapest ramps…

2x8x8’s, take a 2x4 stud standing and screw to the backs to prevent them from bowing.

Thanks Bill,I was thinking they would have to be at least 8’ due to the height of the truck. Gonna have to take a measurement and check the angle. If I can get it far enough for the deck to snag I should be able to lift enough to push it past the hump.
Thanks Ricky, Don’t want any one to go to any trouble. Not sure when I’m going but figure in the next couple of weeks.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Just borrow a trailer with a gate on the back. I have one you are welcome to use.

BEWARE of deck clearance. I believe the few offers you had would not work for a riding lawn mower. You could always rent a small trailer if you cannot borrow one.

Key West 1720 115 HP Johnson Saltwater.

I have a set of the wooden ramps with the metal brackets on them if you want to borrow them

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

It’s no trouble for me. I just have to throw them in the truck next time I’m out there. I’m out there all the time, so no worries. Just let me know. I’m West Ashley and I’ll be glad to help out.

If I get murdered in the city, don’t go revenging in my name…

Thanks Hooligan, I didn’t ask about that because heaven forbid something was to happen I couldn’t afford to replace or have repairs made. Therefore losing any possible new friend.
CRM I thought about that and figured at least an 8’ ramp was needed. I used to push my old mower up into my old truck and had to lift a little at the mid point. Of course my truck sat lower which is why I’m thinking 8’ ramp.
Thanks Paul!
Let you know Ricky!

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

I also have a trailer with a ramp gate you can use. Its available anytime except for next weekend.

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

Thanks Hooligan, I didn’t ask about that because heaven forbid something was to happen I couldn’t afford to replace or have repairs made. Therefore losing any possible new friend.
CRM I thought about that and figured at least an 8’ ramp was needed. I used to push my old mower up into my old truck and had to lift a little at the mid point. Of course my truck sat lower which is why I’m thinking 8’ ramp.
Thanks Paul!
Let you know Ricky!

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Coot, some of the riders decks come off pretty easy. Maybe take off the deck and you should have no problem with low clearance driving up the ramps. :question: Then again some decks are a pain to remove.

Anyway, good luck with your new rider! Cut grass/weeds Yesterday for the first time this season.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Not sure about the deck on a weedeater rider. Took some measurements off the truck yesterday. The top edge of the tailgate is 36" off the ground. Would have to have longer than 8’ boards to get it loaded without too much of a hassle. Might have to take the offer of one of those trailers being offered.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

that… or you drive the front wheels of the truck on those little oil change ramps. should change your tailgate angle enough