Red fish and croakers

Haven’t been on the water forever. Made it out this morning for a couple hours. No wind not a ton of people on the water. Went to my usual bait spots back in dunn sound. First throw got about a hundred shrimp small to medium. Probably should have made a couple more throws and culled out some for dinner. Kept about 25. Through on a school of mulet and went fishing.
Ended up with three little red fish around 14"couldn’t get away from the croakers the wife caught a couple eating size set them free. Would have went out to the jetties but for some reason my trolling motor will not deploy. Think it’s a remote problem will be calling Charleston Marine tomorrow.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

Some time you gotta show me your bait spot! Ive ripped up so many cast nets back there.

Yep them oysters are unforgiving.
Coming in the main creek from the ICW. First Creek to the right heading back towards Tillman Sandbar at the mouth of the creek just inside of that. Usually loaded up with mallet. Go back in a little farther on the left side the little tiny creeks throw at them for shrimp.Hoing too take a week or 10 days from work when the big red start running. I’ll try to give you a couple days heads up.

Glad you were able to get back out. I hope to plan a trip that way soon. When do the bulls usually start coming to the jetties? Is it a certain time or based on the temps?

[navy]Sportsman Masters 207 Yamaha F150[/navy]

I think it’s got more to do with the mullet migration. Last year at this time first week of September the wife caught the first one around 40" Black drum fishing at the jetty. Definitely going to try to make Georgetown next week to tarpon fish. And see if we can find any of the big reds. This working out of town really puts a hurting on my fishing.Just work my ass off for the next 8 to 10 months try to bank a bunch of money. Next year it’s this time hopefully I will be semi-retired

Nothing wrong with some fried croaker. You could have started with a shrimp cocktail.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Ocean isle fishing center reporting reds blowing up in schools of mullet. They’re here.

Thanks!!!