red fish

i make my son eat EVERYTHING he catches or keeps, did this one tonite…Skin on red drum with Asian Pear and Orange Salsa

…scale drum and cut into pieces…marinate in 1T canola oil, cracked pepper, and orange zest…let sit 1/2hr and sprinkle w/ kosher salt before grilling.

…mix 1c panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup parmesian cheese, 1/2 T kosher salt, and 1/2 zested lemon together and place on top of grilled drum and broil for 2 mins.

…serve with salsa…2 oranges segmented (cut ends off, take off rinds w/ knife and cut individual segments w/ knife…then squeeze juice into bowl with thin slices of red onion, 4 leaves of fresh basil, sliced matchstick pieces of apple pear ( food lion now carries it), 1 good pinch of kosher salt and 2 T of Marukan Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar…(Asian Store on 707 or Lowes Food)

Sounds great! I like that he has to eat it if he keeps it. Teaches respect for the fish.

http://reeldawgs.blogspot.com/

cheese and seafood is a NO NO. Just saying. Sounds just as good without the mixture.
Try sea salt on all fish and seafood. thats a pro tip

Going to Church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

You are the offspring of 5 monkeys having But Secs with a retarded fish squirrel. CONGRADULATION!!!

quote:
Originally posted by haz-r-dous1

cheese and seafood is a NO NO. Just saying. Sounds just as good without the mixture.
Try sea salt on all fish and seafood. thats a pro tip

Going to Church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

You are the offspring of 5 monkeys having But Secs with a retarded fish squirrel. CONGRADULATION!!!

No cheese + seafood? preposterous, i say!

tuna melt!

and you can deny me my parmesan baked flounder when you pry it from my from my cold dead fingers. :stuck_out_tongue:

(**() right mhebbard. no cheese on seafood is such an outdated chain of thought its hilarious. that’s something grandpas would say

seafood plus cheese = yummyness (if used correctly of course)

Thanks for the ‘Fromage’ support…Velveeta and Cheeze Whiz are only used when cleaning out the fridge 1/2 in the bag at 3am…but any use of the finer aged dairy udder butter is fair game when paired with any of our finned friends.

“sniff it before you eat it!”