reds now?

Any recs on which flies work best this time of year when the water is colder and the bite slows? Im headed out tomorrow and will fish the incoming around oysters. Nailed them with paddletails on a spinner last week with simialar conditions.
Im thinking a purple clouser slow retrieve might be the ticket. I havea few shrimp patterns as well but I doubt thats what they are feeding on.

I’d try a root beer brown clouser worked very slow. You should be able to sight cast to them if you have located a school. Good luck! I’m going to try for some sheephead tomorrow on the slack tide.

oc

there is no magic bullet. Smaller, darker patterns are pretty much the rule. Clousers work fine in black, black/purple, black/white… or black toads… dark browns are fine… really the only rule is to stay away from flashy or really bright colors. Find a school, and put it in front of them… if they want to they will eat. if not… oh well, they fight like wet socks in the winter anyway.

Mad Mike

"to hell with insane… I’m OUTsane!!! "

No bite on any dark colors. Caught 5 on shrimp pattern fished real slow!. Go figure. I feel so hip I might go and get a truckers hat.

Good on ya! No need for a trucker hat – you’re hip enough if the shoes match the yak (or so I’ve been told).

1994 Hewes Redfisher 18, 2004 Yamaha 150 VMAX
Malibu X-Factor Kayak

I caught them all last week on a purple/black EP baitfish. Water is not too cold and the fish are still quite active and putting up a fun fight