Reds on the flats 1/8

I went to folly today to see if I could find a floater or something biting. I didn’t see 1 fish floating and I covered about 10 miles of water from low incoming to dead high tide. I did see some fish on the flats that were to far to see what kind and spooked a red that was right in the same spot I always see them. I sheepshead fished the most reliable spot i know for about an hour and got skunked there for the first time ever. The water felt much colder than the back creek I checked yesterday. I found some ice in a small creek and I can only assume that if the ice didn’t float out then there should be a floater if there were a lot of them but I never saw any. When the tide was up I looked in the marshes and saw no floaters there either.

Ice on the edge

The creek that had ice in it

Where I saw the red

The flats water was clear green, the river was rough and dirty brown water.
Flats water

Running the P out of the 9.9, I think she likes winter weather because this was the fastest I ever got her going. Usual max speed is like 18 and I hit 22 heading in a dead high tide when the waves calmed down. I hit a wave at wot and caught air, a first for me with the 10ftr with a 9.9.

Engines love the cold air intake! Me, not so much. Thanks for the heads up.

Pea will be here shortly to notarize.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Talked to a buddy at Edisto today that said the trout were all over the banks at some places!