Reloading bullets

Looking for someone to help me reload hunting loads for my 30.06
I have a lot of equipment but would appreciate someone’s help.

Wish I could help, never done it. Maybe try posting this in the Hunting section or searching the topic. I’ve read several post with members reloading their own rounds with some very good info on it.

What kind of help are you looking for? Are you wanting someone to do it for you? Give you reload data?

“…be a man and PM me.”

What ever you do, follow the tables. A little extra is a very bad idea. Don’t use previously re-loaded brass

To be honest, the best “teacher” I had was a Nosler (I prefer their bullets) reloading manual. Most good manuals give you step-by-step procedures and of course, good load data to work with.

I only reloading for a few hunting firearms so I use a single stage press (RCBS). If you’re looking for volume (typically not the case for hunting loads), you may want to invest in a progressive press.

Have an idea of what kind of performance you’re looking for and which projectile you’re wanting but don’t start out loading 100 rounds right off the bat. Load a few and then go shoot them. Just because the manual suggests a particular load doesn’t mean your rifle is going to like it. Once you find a load it likes, load until your heart’s content.

First and foremost, get a good reloading manual. I my opinion, it should be the first reloading “tool” you buy and it is definitely the most important.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Kinda dated but Pet Loads Vol. I & II by Ken Waters is very informative but will lack the newer projectiles & powders available.
Can’t beat it for the basics though.

Lots of good in what Bangstick said. My biggest suggestion though is to find someone near you that can mentor and coach you through the basics. This includes setting up dies, dummy rounds, head spacing, seating depth, scale calibration etc. DO NOT start with a progressive press, buy a quality single stage like an RCBS Rock Chucker or Dillon Square D. Don’t go cheap on your equipment.

I’ve been loading my own ammo for 30 years, started because it was cheaper than my dad having to buy ammo for my shooting habit. Grew from there because I found I could tune loads to guns better than the factory loads. PM me with any specific questions.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

Don’t go cheap on your equipment.

I’ve been loading my own ammo for 30 years, started because it was cheaper than my dad having to buy ammo for my shooting habit. Grew from there because I found I could tune loads to guns better than the factory loads. PM me with any specific questions.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Exactly!!! Get the best equipment you can afford. You’ll thank yourself for it.

Also, as salty mentioned, nowadays the greatest benefit of reloading is getting the most out of a particular round. Because of the increased price of powder, primers, brass and projectiles, gone are the days when people would reload to save money. The savings simply aren’t what they used to be. For me, it’s more a matter of a theraputic hobby. I can slip away to the man cave for a couple of hours and crank out some rounds in peace and quiet. Plus, it was pretty cool when I killed my first deer with ammo I reloaded. I took a lot of priced in that.

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:

Lots of good in what Bangstick said. My biggest suggestion though is to find someone near you that can mentor and coach you through the basics. This includes setting up dies, dummy rounds, head spacing, seating depth, scale calibration etc. DO NOT start with a progressive press, buy a quality single stage like an RCBS Rock Chucker or Dillon Square D. Don’t go cheap on your equipment.

Dillon square D is a progressive press
Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

quote:
Originally posted by Imfrogman
quote:

Dillon square D is a progressive press
Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250

My bad, I was looking at a Blue Press when I typed that, should have said Redding Boss. You can go with the 550 Basic though, it’s got single stage features with a progressive lean. I’m in the market for a 650.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250