Remley's Point Landing

I am coming to Chas. next week to do some fishing. I haven’t used Remley’s Point in over 10 years. I heard there has been some vandalism to cars and trailers there. Anybody have any knowledge of this? Is there another landing recommended? Thanks.

Remleys is about as safe as any of them to be honest with you. We left the trailer there over night at least 20 times this summer and, knock on wood, nothing bad had ever happened.

Wappoo Cut, I leave the trailer there from 3am til 5pm probably 15 or more times this summer and the worst thing that has happened to me is that someone stole my trailer ball and hitch out of the truck when I was out in the boat…yes there are some people that will steal stuff that isn’t locked down or way too heavy to carry off bu themselves but for the most part I consider our landings here in Charleston to be pretty safe…of course you’ll have to take that with a grain of salt and everyone will have different opinions about this subject…perhaps I’ve just been lucky, but I’ve had Penny put stuffed animals on my truck 5x more than I’ve had strangers screw with my stuff.

Either way, keep valuables out of site, park in a well lit area, and lock uptight and you should be ok. The people that tend to be theft victims more often than not make themselves out to be easier targets than what they should be.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time here in Charleston.

…because everything is a conspiracy!!!

Remley’s or Shem will probably be fine.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 15 year old
1 - 11 year old
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I have been putting in at Shem for 3 years and other than the lot being packed and the occasional guy that takes up 2 spots with one rig, have never had any problems. Have been meaning to check Remley’s out.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Either way, keep valuables out of site, park in a well lit area, and lock uptight and you should be ok. The people that tend to be theft victims more often than not make themselves out to be easier targets than what they should be…

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>Thanks for making (at least trying to make the point).

A friend of mine told me the story about how his vehicle was broken into. When he started his story, I started with a sad frown on my face, for his loss. As he went on to tell me that he had left high dollar gear in plain sight, at a deserted boat ramp, on a full day trip, I found myself taking great effort not to punch him in the mouth. I know now that this theif realizes that this boat ramp is a very lucrative place to steal from and that breaking into cars can be very rewarding with little risk.

Dang! Now I have the feeling that I want to punch him in the face again. Not the thief… my friend. :angry:

mt pleasant police have been partoling remleys alot imo. seen them there quite a few times

I always launch out of there both day and night. Never had a problem. (knock on wood) Catch um up…Mike

I have never had a problem. You have the same chance at Remleys as you do at Town Center. If you dig a little more into these thefts you will see that most are from unlocked cars, stuff in plain sight, etc…

I like to drive something older and leave the doors unlocked and the windows down.

Cape Horn 24OS
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,
I just want 1 dollar more than I can spend!