rental house

I’ve accepted a new job in Charleston so I’ll be moving down from Aiken in the next few weeks. I have a potential roommate lined up who is also in need of a new place. We’re looking for 2 bed, 2 bath or larger house and willing to pay around $13-1400/mo. I’ve been doing a little yard maintenance work on the side here so I already own all the needed equipment to maintain a property. Much prefer to find a house with decent space otherwise I’ll be needing to get a storage place for boat trailer, utility trailer+yard equipment, or have to sell that stuff.

If you happen to own a vacant rental house or know of one available that isn’t on realtor.com, zillow, or craigslist please let me know. Not too picky about location, James Island, West Ashley, Mt. P…maybe Johns Island or Park Circle area.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Good luck with your search. I have a rental that’s currently rented out, but from my experience the good rentals are going very quickly. For $1400 you should be able to get a pretty decent place James Island or West Ashley. Some of the prices Mt Pleasant can be expensive from what I’ve looked at. You’ll get more for your money North Charleston, but to me, its worth it to be James Island/WA closer to the water if I were looking for a house. Craigslist is how most people are renting it seems. Like I said, they rent fast. The first time I rented my place was on Craigslist and it look less than an hour, the second time I rented it took just about a week.

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

Try Summerville! A little further out, but a straight shot in!

I didn’t know you were a slum lord Ricky.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Go punch yourself in the stones DF! I’m trying to be Bolbie here! Show me some of that Section 8 money:smiley::8ball: If I get my hands on that money, I’ll show you a slum![:0][:0]:face_with_head_bandage::face_with_head_bandage: What’s your address DF? I’m going to buy next door to you and put in a Halfway House! You Rich People chap my azz:wink::wink::wink:

I bring it upon myself to make it more difficult by having a dog, 3.5 year old Beagle. So there goes over half the available houses with a no pet policy. Rental market is out of control price wise IMO. But, guess I gotta pay what the market is holding right now. With them going so quickly it’s tough to do it from out of town.

I’m confident we can figure it out, but may just have to drop to a 2/1 3/1 house instead of 2 baths.

I’ll be working out in Mt. P, so I’d rather go Park Circle area or Hanahan before going out to Summerville. Potential roommate is a 2nd year resident so I’m sure he’d rather stay West Ashley or JI side of things.

andyb, find yourself a girlfriend and move in with her! All will be OK, until she want’s to get married:smiley: Life’s a *****, but you got to live it man!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

andyb, find yourself a girlfriend and move in with her! All will be OK, until she want’s to get married:smiley: Life’s a *****, but you got to live it man!

Not yet, the girlfriend of 5+ years lives in an apartment in Mt. P. We haven’t lived in the same town since I graduated from Clemson in 2011. One more year of a rental house and I predict circumstances will lead living together in 2016 :smiley:

If you love her and she love’s you, marry her! Work out the living arrangements later!