Renting party tents?

My father in law is retiring this September from 43 years with the National Park Service. We are throwing a large(130+ people) retirement party for him and are needing to rent some party tents for the festivities. We’re looking for a 20’x20’ or 20’x10’ and a 20’x30’. I figured I’d ask on here and see if anyone on the board has any or has a hookup before I go to one of the rental places. This will be on October 18th.

Thanks

2012 Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc, Jackplate

If you go the rental place route don’t go any further then Hughes Rental in MP

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

Also as an alternative to renting the party tent is to rent one of the shelters at James Island County Park. Just a thought.

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

We’ve dealt with Snyder’s a few times with good results.

17’ Henry O Hornet
26’ Palmer Scott

Call Alex over at Haus 407.0473

If you ain’t retie’n, you aint try’n…

quote:
Originally posted by dorado

Also as an alternative to renting the party tent is to rent one of the shelters at James Island County Park. Just a thought.

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

We have discussed having it in a public place or renting a banquet area. Even though this is a retirement party there will be a large range of ages from the interns/volunteers up to past retired rangers. Not exactly going to be a calm mellow party that could be in public. Music, dancing, drinking and it’s being catered. It is also covering two houses and yards so there is plenty of room to stay for out of town and inebriated guests.

There is an “official” retirement party befor this one starts as well.

I was actually off in my inital post. He is retiring from 45 years with the park service and will be turning 64 next month. My mother in law is also with the park service and has been there since she was 18.

We actually have a good price with Hughes but I was just wanting to throw some business to someone on the board if possible.

On another note does anyone know an outlet for a very large quantity of ice. As in a truck bed full? I really don’t want to sit at the twice the ice machine for two hours or longer. Is there somewhere at the marina or docks that I can just load up and pay by the pound or something? This is just going to be for keeping stuff cold, there will be other ice for consumption.

quote:
Originally posted by bmarvil

On another note does anyone know an outlet for a very large quantity of ice. As in a truck bed full? I really don’t want to sit at the twice the ice machine for two hours or longer. Is there somewhere at the marina or docks that I can just load up and pay by the pound or something? This is just going to be for keeping stuff cold, there will be other ice for consumption.

call DR Ice, 843-722-3529

aka:The Raih Guy

I will give him a call. Thanks