Replacing SCDNR stickers

I am sure everyone on here knows how to do it but just figured I would give my take on it.

I use a hairdryer to heat the old SCDNR renewal sticker up rather than a heat gun, I have found a heat gun can get your gelcoat / paint to hot and could cause it to blister. Focus on a corner 1st & then I use something plastic with a rounded edge to get the sticker started, this time I used a tater chip bag clip. What ever you use to start the corner be careful not to scratch or gouge your boat finish. Peal it off slowly & add heat along the way. Then I use a dry clean rag with some rubbing alcohol to get the excel glue off. Once it dries I put the new stickers on.
I use the same process for the SCDNR boat numbers. They are typically easier to get off & leave a lot less glue behind.

This has always been my process & have never had any issues with my boat finish nor the stickers not adhering well. If you guys have any better or alternate ways please chime in.

Just stick the new one over the old one, after 10 or so I peel off what will come off without to much trouble and repete as necessary.

They look cool that way too, like youve been there

I have donevthat with my Jon boat.

1 Like

Here is the last stack I pulled off my jon boat

I have no idea what you’re talking about…

See, they look cool

Plus, you can tell a lot about a fellow by his sticker stuff

Can’t say I have ever seen someone collect expiration stickers.

I’m gonna start saving my stickers.

1 Like

I like stickers

Saltwater Carp for the win!

Like ………………

I like signs too, but that’ll have to be a different thread