Replacing Split System Question

Thanks in advance all,

Got a 2 ton unit that I am going to replace. Thinking of going with a RUUD.

Just want to throw this out there for any pro’s and con’s of that brand???

The 14 year old (10 SEER) Payne has become a Pain! Looking to go 15 SEER.

Advice, experience would be very welcome!

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

PM tjackson Palmetto heat/air. Trent can help with any heat/air question. Located in Lexington,SC:smiley:

God Bless,
Capt Buddy Bizzell
Being on the water is a blessing, catching fish is a bonus!
Matthew 4:19

Wstrickland on this site. Good guy

15 seer is a great choice, not really a fan of the Rudd/Rheem products but they work out good for some people.
Installation has way more to do with performance of the system than the name brand.

Read around most all of the various labels have the same warranty, higher than 15 seer numbers come at a high cost with very little additional results. Few manufactures but many labels.

I put in American Standard and love it. It’s made by Trane and has the same warranty but less money. I got the 16 seer and gas furnace for about $6600.00 installed.

2X on the install affecting the life of the unit. Some questions are --how many microns does the installer pump the evaporator and line set down to? (needs to be no more than 500 microns) Does he fill the line set with nitrogen while brazing? Does he install an external filter dryer on the liquid line?

Good install= long life.

ZX

Double N - i sell Goodman and Amana brand. Have sold everything from Carrier / Bryant / Payne to York / Frasier Johnston / Coleman. Never been fan of Ruud or Rheem. 15 Seer is good choice, but make sure to get reputable installer. DO NOT let a fly by night installer do the work. That could extend the life substantially if the install is done right. PM or inbox me if I can help in anyway.

Victor
SAKATUMI TRAE
19’ SEA PRO CC // 150 HP YAMAHA

Just had a Heil 3.5 ton 15 seer gaspack installed - replaced my 1992 unit, instantly saved $80 on heating, looking for over $100 on cooling. Installed for $5,500 with a $300+/- rebate from SCE&G.

Local Charleston installer, recommended by a board member that flips houses… I would use him again.

Wow, Thanks all for the advice. Got a quote for $3950, Tax included. Then I will get another $200 back from SCE & G. This fella came highly recommended from a friend there in Beaufort.

I will follow up with him on some off y’alls suggestions!!

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

I need to go up on my pricing…

quote:
Originally posted by freedomfisher

I need to go up on my pricing…

Got it installed last friday…fella dropped price to $3750. This included Honeywell 8000 thermostat.

Had the windows tinted late September, so it won’t be long before we find out the impact of the change…

NN

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Wow, $3750 is a cheap price for any brand of 15 seer. Heck of a deal.

My price on a 2 ton split rudd hp is 3,200. I need to start advertising in chucktown.

Honeywell 8000 is a nice stat though. Never let anyone sell you that braeburn trash.

Hate to jump in in this but I am in need of replacing my heat pump packaged unit , currently have a 12 year old 4 ton 10 SEER Goodman. , any recommendations for a reputable HVAC company servicing the Johns Island area ? I have quotes ranging from 4K to 10K… Thank you .

Raymond Adams

2003 Sea Fox 195 Bayfisher

Raymond - i have several companies that i can recommend for that area. Feel free to call me at my office at 843-745 - zero four nine zero.

Victor
BTW… i sell Goodman equipment.