report 2-1-2019

Been a while since a shared a report so here you go. Taking advantage of the nice weather I decided to load up on some bluebacks from Lake World as well as a few gizzards I had at home and fish the lower lake. Pulled gizzards for a couple hours shallow with a mixed bag of largemouths, and jackfish. Ended up finding a pile of fish suspended in about 75 ft of water and proceeded to have a lot of fun till we ran out of herring, fish would not touch a gizzard but a herring would get smashed time it got down there. wish I would have had a spoon but didnt think i would be fishing this deep on the first day of February. most of the fish were throw backs but we ended up with two keepers.

Great report. Interesting to see the pattern hasn’t changed even with the warm up. Several of us have been finding them out really deep lately too. Takes a good bit of looking some days but they seem to be willing to eat.

That’s pretty much what we experienced and marked last time we fished the lower lake, but we had Berry spoons and caught at least 50 18-23 inchers. It was a lot of fun on light gear, but we need a better class of fish with all the heavy-hitters we now have in MSC tournaments; so we’re heading back west this weekend with the water clearing. Still, it was a fun day! Those fish would be great for kids and guide parties that don’t care to keep a lot and just want a bent rod.

James “Captain Fog” Lindler
Team Hardcore
Xpress HB-22
F150 4 Stroke Yammy Jammer
For guide service, search fogmanfisheries on Facebook.