Residential HVAC contractor

Who’s are some reputable HVAC companies?

House purchased this year, still have AHS warranty. They assigned a not so great contractor. Pondering if we even bother to have them come out. Need to get some quotes on a new system. Current unit is a 3.5 ton gaspack.

Already have Myatt coming out to quote it.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

How old is the unit, and what kind of issues are you having?

Mine is 11 years, and I needed a new coil about 3 years ago and was pricey but didn’t want to replace an 8 year old unit. Since then I have had to replace capacitor, cheap, and am about to replace the gas valve and evaporator blower. Only $300 in parts and will do it myself. Unless the compressor goes out or the heat exchanger these things are relatively cheap to maintain.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

18 years old. Turns out the transformer and main board are blown. So don’t know what else went wrong or caused it to go out until a new one gets put on. Then off on a goose chase to find out what else.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Sent you a text.

One Simple Thanks!!

http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

W Strickland on this site. He’s been great for me and others

Check your exchanger for holes. Some have long warranties and will cover the labor. Mine had 25 year warranty and I replaced it with a few other things and now have basically a new unit in an old box…

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Everybody dances when shotgun sings” Stewart and Winfield

Bump

Wstrickland I told andyb to pm you. Who else on here besides me was delighted with his work? Penny I know

I was happy with their work!

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

I’ve been happy with W Strickland and his guys and have referred them to several other folks with no complaints.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I just replaced the board in my furnace myself last week. It can be about $100-300 gamble, not knowing if something killed the board or the board just fried for some reason. Mine worked out. I’ve done it twice in my life, both worked.

Google the part numbers, see what they cost in general and if in the range of worth-the-try, find a local supply house with them. Make sure you take pictures of everything before you start so you can reference which wire went where if you get confused. Also, make sure the disconnect is off and check it with a meter. Be careful.

BG