Restaurants in Myrtle Beach area

Hi Everyone,
Going to Myrtle Beach this upcoming weekend with the family. Looking for a couple of good local restaurants to try while there. Not looking for fine dining, but not necessarily looking for cheap. Thanks in advance.

My wife and I tried a couple of places we’d never been to when we were there last month. Bonefish grille and Rossi’s Italian restaurant. We were very happy with both. Have fun and stay safe!

Mr. Fish has always been good and believe it or not, Mrs. Fish…no relation. Otherwise, I find MB restaurants like any place else. I avoid the feeding troughs.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Mr. Fish has always been good and believe it or not, Mrs. Fish…no relation. Otherwise, I find MB restaurants like any place else. I avoid the feeding troughs.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

The only reason I even go to MB is for the feeding trough. Benjamin’s is pretty dang good.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Mr Fish is a great place to eat. Its the great seafood kind of place where the locals eat . very fresh fair prices .

If you are really hungry…Crabby Mike’s in Surfside :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out Oscars on 17 north at NMB

Head north to Biminis Oyster Bar & Seafood café, awesome casual sea food. Just a little hole in the wall but great, a lot of locals eat there so you know it is good.
or
Head south to MI & try Prossers BBQ for some good country food / BBQ or to Drunken Jacks for great sea food.

http://www.hotfishclub.com/

RBF

There is only one place in MB that I believe is a can’t miss that isn’t super trendy or considered “fine” dining. That’s Angelos steak house. You’ll thank me later. Best steak in the world. Great family place to with a buffet for kids with meatballs, pizza and pasta. Filet mignon with garlic mash potatoes is off the chain.

Collectors cafe is nice if you are looking for a date atmosphere or head a little. Roth t Martinis.

Typical chain locations like Bonefish, Logans, and Miyabis are safe bets also. I concur with the Biminis recommendation if you want good food at a local spot.

Lived in MB most of my life and still go back to family every couple of weeks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Oscars and Hot Fish club are pretty much just bars if you are looking for that kind of thing. Pretty much where the local day drinkers and folks living off their parents money hang out at in between boating and golfing.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

https://www.opentable.com/hot-fish-club

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d436140-Reviews-Hot_Fish_Club-Murrells_Inlet_South_Carolina.html

I’ll let my personal experience, and objective 3rd party reviews do the talking…

RBF

Dagwood’s on 10th Ave N used to be a good spot to grab a sandwich it’s been quite a while since I lived down there, but my guess is it’s still a worth while lunch spot.

You gonna talk or FISH!

Yes, Dagwoods is phenomenal for a lunch sandwich. Fresh bread and lots of meat.

Just be careful for their hours. Lunch only, 11-4 and closed on Sunday.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Stevens oyster roast near Cherry grove on Hwy 9. Mom and pop place with excellent seafood and very fair prices, You could eat off the kitchen floor . NC flounder an inch thick , Shallotte NC oysters in season, scallops bigger than golf balls, shrimp from McClelanville . They used to be one of my customers when I sold to restaurants. Harold Chestnut and his wife & children. Id drive 20 miles out of my way to eat there.

Never been to Stevens. We always went to Horry’s if we were up that way. How does Steven’s compare to Horry’s?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Thanks so much for all of the replies. My wife and I will definitely check out a few of these recommendations. I will also post how our experiences turn out.

17’ Islander,
60hp Evinrude

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Never been to Stevens. We always went to Horry’s if we were up that way. How does Steven’s compare to Horry’s?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Stevens is not the least bit “touristy” red & white checkered table cloths, tables & booths - a no BS good food kinda place. In my pre retired life I called on every restaurant up that way I was always impressed with the kitchen cleanliness at Stevens.

Ride north a few minutes to Calabash, NC and go to the Seafood Hut.

Crab shack in little river. It’s on the water. Fresh fish off the boat right outside. Great trigger fish bites.
Thoroughbreds for a nice steak restaurant.
Biminis is not what it used to be. FYI… the one in Greenville is owned by the original owners.
Been a while since I’ve lived up that way but those were really good places.