Restaurants

So my sister is getting married in May on a boat in Chas Harbor. This is her second time and I was thinking of getting her and new hubby a gift certificate at a really nice restaurant. They are spending their honeymoon in Wild Dunes. Any recommendations on restaurants? The new guy doesn’t really like seafood and likes his steak well done. Maybe I should get them a gift card for McDonald’s.

Get her a card to Fleet Landing, get him one to Huddle House, and tell her to keep moving.

Slide them a hundo and move on…

Well done steak! Sounds like Outback may be too good for him.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Hank Hill, grilling a steak: Firm but with a little give…yep, these are medium rare.
Bobby: What if somebody wants their steak well done?
Hank: We ask them politely, yet firmly, to leave.

IMO 200$ to the Charleston Grill. Impeccable service. Great food. They will not soon forget the experience.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Fleet Landing is horrible, Last time there they “announced we have Swordfish from Hilton Head, Snapper from Murells Inlet”…Sounds good right? I asked jokingly where the Shrimp were from and Waiter said the just got them in Fresh FROZEN from Mexico…Seriously shrimp from Mexico…not getting my money any longer. If my wifes family from out of town wasn’t with us I would have left.

quote:
Originally posted by Tigershrk21

Fleet Landing is horrible, Last time there they “announced we have Swordfish from Hilton Head, Snapper from Murells Inlet”…Sounds good right? I asked jokingly where the Shrimp were from and Waiter said the just got them in Fresh FROZEN from Mexico…Seriously shrimp from Mexico…not getting my money any longer. If my wifes family from out of town wasn’t with us I would have left.

Mexico shares the same Gulf as we do and right now all … even from our coasts will have been frozen. I think/know you may be overreacting a bit. Free swimming Wild Mexican White Shrimp are harvested in pristine unspoiled waters near Baja California and have an ideal flavor profile. They are harvested by artisan fishermen who use hand drawn nets out of small panga boats as opposed to our trawlers.

Dang sure won’t get any unfrozen “fresh” shrimp off our coasts right now. Just a little research could save one from being an overzealous uninformed patron.

Now if they said farm raised shrimp, I would have raised an eye.