Rig Organization

What is the best way to keep chicken rigs, and other bottom rigs organized? I am currently using zip lock baggies, I had a rig bag at one point I got from bass pro but the zipper died and the bags in the binder did not hold up. I end up throwing everything in a bucket after we use them for washing than organizing after.

There has to be a better way.

What do you use?

Pioneer 197

I use the zip-lock baggie method myself. It is by far the best at keeping the rigs from tangling with each other and ready to go. It feels like you are wasting the bags at first but you can re-use them so it’s not too bad.

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

I just re-tie every time out. Only carry swivels, hooks, flouro, and egg sinkers when fishing on the bottom.

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Hard to beat the ‘samach bag’ method. On rainy days when my team got eliminated early in the season, or I’m in the garage and the wife is in the house days, etc… I tie up bags of tarpon leaders or king leaders, or albie (fly) leaders, or carolina leaders with egg sinkers, or popping cork leaders, or 30-25-15-12 leaders, or jig head leaders, or crappie leaders, or spanish leaders, or shad drop leaders, or…

They usually get made based on me wanting to run out some material that I am tired of looking at OR me wanting some new and improved material and feeling guilty if I just throw the old material away. Most typically, I end up using half the bags for me and give the other half away. Feels like good value (use of material) to me no matter who gets to use them.

PS Currently, I have 20+ expertly tied king leaders (single/double) that I would be happy to trade for the same amount of expertly tied trout or maybe red fish fly leaders. If not… I guess I know what my next garage outing will be. :wink:

I use the zip lock bag method also and like it.

I found some small zlb’s that are printed for medicine doses. I got them in the health care section in Walmart I think. They’re about 2 inches square and a little heavier material than the sandwich bags. So their small enough to stay neat in the partitioned tackle box and don’t take up a ton of room.

Ziplock bags it is. I tie a bunch up a day or so before I go out. All I need to do is pull them out of the bag and put on the correct weight for conditions. Cheap and effective.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

quote:
Originally posted by Hurricane701

I just re-tie every time out. Only carry swivels, hooks, flouro, and egg sinkers when fishing on the bottom.

experience noun \ik-#712;spir–#601;n(t)s

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Cliff’s talkin’ about (offshore) bottom rigs, Simon. Them things take a little time to tie, especially when you’re bouncing around offshore. That is, unless you’re Paul or Phin…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

This is what I was using.

http://www.boonebait.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=448_459&products_id=5041

Pioneer 197