Rigging ballyhoo w/ rubberbands

quote:
Originally posted by jtm

I just didn’t see any advantage to using rubber bands over copper. There is enough going on offshore and trying to dig your hand into your pocket or bag and pull out a tiny rubber band and then wrap it around a slippery bill - no thanks. I’ll take my copper wire.

Rubber bands are 10x faster than copper wire... Personally, I've had a hard time getting rubber bands working on small\dink baits, so I use wire on those, but if I am fishing medium balleys or larger, then rubber bands are a better system.

Don’t forget that when you get a hit on copper, you also have to un-ravel the copper and straighten out the wire before rigging the new bait.

I suppose the moral of the story is it all comes down to preference. I prefer copper wire when I have plenty of time to prep, but when it comes down to game time you can’t find a better system than bands IMO. This all depends on bait, application, etc. but I never leave home without them. Almost as important as the fried chicken… almost. Tight lines -

Fish to live.

Rubber bands are how the cool kids roll.

Rates can’t stay at historic lows forever. Now may be the perfect time to refinance or purchase your dream home. If you or anyone you know may be thinking about home financing please have them contact me! </font id=“blue”>

Your Preferred Mortgage Banker,

Heather Leman
Direct: 843-343-8169
hleman@primelending.com
www.shakeyourbouy.com

If you make a loop over the line with the thicker rubber band it will stay on all day. We never use more than one or two bands per rig/per day, even when its going off.

Bump to go with Phin’s post in Offshore Discussion.

2016 Sea Hunt 25 Gamefish twin Yamaha 150’s