RightRx -wahoo bites man in crotch&Sept Snow

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies
quote:
Originally posted by Phin

The enviro’s are pushing to shut down GTH and expand the Edisto MPA to protect warsaws and kitty mitchells (and snowies), in case you haven’t heard.

Not heard this about the GTH. Really think they can pull that off with all the commercial and recreational guys that fish there?

I guess you missed the part where they tried for 10 years to get a deep water closure off Charleston and then the Edisto MPA ended up closing down from 140ft out to 300+ straight out of Charleston where the majority of us used to fish for “shallow water” grouper like scamps. Also got a “deep water artificial reef” that shut down a significant area off edisto that isn’t that well known for live bottom, but I have my own theory on this that I know nobody will believe (just like the rest of the stuff that we’ve said was going on and then proved true).

The number of anglers in the area make it ALL the more likely for them to shut down! Don’t you get it? GTH is a “small” area that won’t look that bad in proposal displays. The 9500 square mile bottom closure they were going to place off SC looked bad. It was easy for us to fight that. Closing off little ol’ GTH won’t look bad on the map, you see. But you are protecting “critical” or “essential” habitat for lots and lots of species there. Not just bottom dwellers, but pelagics too. White marlin get on the endangered list, and they will easily close down GTH to trolling because the science shows the area as “essential” habitat…

PEW wants it, and makes no efforts to disquise it.

SAF

Nice! can’t wait to hear young Luke’s side of the story!

That young man is gonna be hard to deal with once he hast o start school!

JPW

Luke is going to want to be homeschooled so he can fish on Fridays