RIP Easy

It is with great sorrow that I announce the passing of Norm aka “Easy” Ellis. My wife and I had been staying in touch with Norm via email/cards and when I had not heard from him after my last email a couple of weeks ago, I feared the worst. I received an email from his wife Rosemary this morning informing me of Norm’s passing. He died Sunday, May 6.

For those of you that did not know him, you missed out. He was a kind, considerate and very funny man. We (along with Bonzo) had a running joke about my wife and her affinity for boxed wine. He even sent money to Bonzo to buy her some wine for the oyster roasts when he could not attend.

I had hoped to see him at least one more time as I knew he was pretty ill and did not have long. My heart is heavy at his passing and I will miss him. His wife told me that he got great pleasure out of this site so I thought I’d just pass this along.

RIP Easy

Sorry to hear. I pm’d him several weeks back and asked if he was ok. He told me he was ill, and the time was short. Asked me to keep it under my hat, and cracked a couple of jokes. I pm’d him weekly after that, telling him I was praying for him, and he thanked me from the heart. Sad news.

I only knew him from his posts on CH…always liked him. Gonna miss him. My condolences to his friends and family.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

RIP Norm…like Doug said, I will always fondly remember the box wine story…it was an awesome surprise to meet him at the oyster roast one year…and when he told me the next year he was sending money for me to buy Karen a box of wine I just kind of laughed it off…then I got the check for a bushel of oyster and a box of wine…I think he even wrote something funny on the bottom of the check like “for hookers and blow” or something to that nature…lemme see if I can dig out some pictures…he will be missed around here…rest Easy Norm.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Very sad. Another piece of this community gone. He will be missed.

BG

Prayers for his family. He’ll definitely be missed. Take it easy, Easy.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Prayers and condolences for his family and friends.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Dang, I hate to hear that. I never met Easy but he added some good content to this site. I especially liked how he would come into a thread throw’n Haymakers if he didn’t agree with your comments…He had that Bad Ass 100% Red, White and Blue attitude…He will be missed…

I didn’t see his name in the Obituaries…

RIP, Easy and God Bless you and your family.

NN

Talk about a straight up good dude… we had a bet on the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight few years back, the man honored his lost bet from 100’s of miles away. Not many people would do that. RIP Easy, see you on the other side!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

Only knew Easy from the chats we had here but I call him friend , more than that i call him brother , we shared the same oath and wrote that same check ;;; RIP Easy; you stand relieved for now , God will assign you a new post guarding heavens gate…Say hello to Capt Cracker Larry !!!

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

(**(). Sorry to hear about this.

it is easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission

14’’ McKee/30 'rude(SOLD)
“Shenanigans”

I’m sorry to hear of his passing as well. Like many, I had never met the man, but always enjoyed his comments here. He will be missed. My condolences.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob

I’m sorry to hear of his passing as well. Like many, I had never met the man, but always enjoyed his comments here. He will be missed. My condolences.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

I enjoyed his comments, as well as his commas. He used them things like they were goin’ outta style… :smiley:

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Wow… Sure wish I could have met Him face to face. That’s now lost like so many opportunities in life. :roll_eyes:

God Bless.

Bart, you sure are, on the money, there! I always enjoyed his sense of humor and that he seemed to befriend so many here whether he met them or not.

One thing that will always stick with me was a comment he made a few years ago after posting about going to one of the annual reunions for the men he served with, he posted a picture and someone asked which one was him… he said something like “it doesn’t matter, we are all interchangeable and the same. every one of us would have laid (and did lay) it all down for every other one of us, and we are all one because of it”… a self-effacing look at the true meaning of the cost, weight, and beauty of the freedom we all enjoy because of folks like him.

that, and the one about the dude who could shoot down a forest to create a helo spot faster than the rest of the guys could run det cord to do the same. wish I coulda seen that one.

RIP, easy,

I am sorry to hear this as well. Prayers to his family. I met him at the oyster roast one year and really enjoyed getting to talk with him in person.

I believe these were his last posts. He had some smiles, even though he was pretty sure it was over. Thanks D for letting us know.

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=175891

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

I believe these were his last posts. He had some smiles, even though he was pretty sure it was over. Thanks D for letting us know.

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=175891

thanks for digging that up 7.

man he went fast. probably a good thing.

I never met him in person.

like the others, he and I had a virtual friendship on here.

he read some of my grumbling on here and offered to loan me his boat, his trolling motor, money, and a listening ear - all unsolicited.

I appreciate that remembrance Barbawang

Another good one bits the dust! He will be missed, never met him but over the years of reading I feel he would always be a good friend! REP old man!!!