Roballin 2/6/19

Set out for an exploratory day. Put lines in trolling a variety of lures 5-50’ down in 85’ of water and trolled out to 100’ and farted around the 90-100’ for a couple hours. No Kings unfortunately but ended up catching 3 lil tunny and 2 lizard fish. The lizard fish weren’t much bigger than the Ben Parker spoons they ate 45’ down. Marked ~15 new live bottom spots including some nice 5-10’ ledges. Fished a couple hours for some bottom groceries for the new to offshore guys on the boat. Mostly BSB caught up to 17”. 50/50 keeper to short ratio. Caught a handful of beeliners all on the small range 12-14”. 2 nice grunts and the guys wanted to keep their Atlantic Reef Breams (ring tails). Headed out at 45 and in at 42. Couldn’t have asked for a better weather day. Ended up blowing a left rear trailer tire otw home around MM 205 that put a damper to the day. Twisted the fender bad enough that I had to remove the whole dang thing. Oh well, such is life.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

2017 Robalo R302 twin 300 yams “Roballin”

What do you do with the lil tunny? I see a lot of guys keeping them. Future bait or food?

Future bait. They make fantastic bottom baits for bigger bottom dwellers.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”

Nice report and advice on trailer tires…get the goodyear trailer tires. The quality difference is way more thsn youf expect

Seapro 180 and a 2 stroke

Thanks for info. I’m thinking about upgrading from load range D’s to F’s when I swap.

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream”