Robo Calls

Our home phone number gets several robo calls a day. Caller ID shows calls from Illinois, Oregon, Arizona, etc… If they leave a message, it is usually along the lines of me or my wife owing a debt and there is a warrant out for one of us. They tell us to contact this number immediately or else.

Well I stumbled upon a website called NOMOROBO.com. I checked it out and found several favorable articles by respected websites so I enrolled. It is free and it takes about 5 minutes to sign up. This morning we got 3 robo calls before I signed up. These calls always ring until the answering machine picks up, sometimes they leave a message, sometimes not. After I enrolled in NOMOROBO, we got one robo call. The phone rang one time real quick and then nothing. The way I understand it, if you have NOMOROBO, when a robo number they have on file (they have hundreds of thousands) calls, NOMOROBO kicks in and hangs the phone up. If you happen to get a call from number not in their database, you can log on to their site and add it.

Just thought I would pass this along. I’m tired of getting calls from Haji Patel.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Verizon is not supported. Sick of the spam calls! Mostly the auto warranty scams.

[url=“http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php”]

[/url]

Answering machine… That’s a blast from the past man!

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

When you answer the phone just say “what’s up raghead?” Gets pretty interesting after that.
But I’m just a crusty old American,don’t listen to me.

I have not had a home phone in years. No need for one; just another bill.

I have a home phone because I bundle everything through TWC. Based on the quote they gave me, it is actually cheaper to keep it than have it disconnected. Plus I am not one of those people that is tethered to his cell phone. I often “forget” and leave mine in the car over night.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I have a home landline because that’s the only way we can get high speed Internet, but that’s all I use it for. Don’t even have a phone connected to it, just a fax set to answer on the first ring. Telemarketers get a fax tone answer.

They sometimes drive me nuts on my cell phone though. I don’t answer any calls that I don’t recognize.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose