RockAuto vs. Everyone Else

Anyone have any experience with RockAuto? I’m looking to rebuild the front end of my truck: ball joints, pitman, idler, etc…

Seems that if I buy the American made (AC Delco) parts from RockAuto, I’ll save AT LEAST half. If I go with the RockAuto “economy” (made in China) parts it’s about 1/4 of Autozone, NAPA, and the others.

Even with shipping, I’ll save a lot. A very easy online comparison made me realize “wow”. Couldn’t believe the price difference.

Truck is not a daily (or even weekly driver).

Narcosis

The last time I used RA, the part was $600 cheaper than any I could find locally. Electric fan for a BMW. I always give the local guy the opportunity to price match, but they’ve never been able to. It’s not even close.

Discount Direct Tire has also saved me a ton of money.

I buy local as much as I can, but I can’t justify throwing away hundreds of dollars like that.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Never had an issue using rocks. Even your more reputable auto parts stores are sourcing the cheapest parts they can get to stay competitive. IMO the only advantage of going to any local auto parts store is for the hope you can get your part right now and then be able to visually compare to make sure you have the right part.

Not sure what truck you are working on but on some you can get the complete lower A arm with new bushings and ball joint installed for a tab less than just the ball joint. Then you have new bushings and less hassle pressing in and out the ball joint.

I use Rock Auto for anything I don’t need immediately. Quick shipping and good prices. Plus you get a magnet.

Roger that and thanks guys. I just went to my local Autozone and for half the parts on my list they were double the price. I agree with Rap in that the only advantage is if I need it right now. Since this is my “go to the boat landing as much as I can, and Lowes as little as I can” truck I don’t need the parts immediately…

Narcosis

I have been buying from them for more than 5 years now. Great prices, quality parts. Be careful though. Ordering multiple things may mean they come from different distribution centers which will drive upo shipping costs. I always google “Rockauto promo code” and almost always find a 5-10% off code that covers shipping.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I use RA.
No complaints

They are always running 5% off. I Just search “rockauto discount forum” on google. Narrow further for the last 30 days and you’ll find a forum posting with the code. Rockauto posts on Most bigger car forums.

10% of the people catch 90% of the fish.

quote:

I buy local as much as I can, but I can’t justify throwing away hundreds of dollars like that.

bull****

where’d all the tiny train equipment come from? Hmmm?

The gnomes make it while I sleep…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017