Rod holder questions

Hey guys. What’s the difference in the rectangular, two screw Driftmaster bases and the three screw bases. Also, what determines which diameter you need? Thanks.

Here’s all the details on each, so it depends on where you want to mount and application. Assuming you want the stronger 1/2" diameter mounts, the 2 screw version is a flush mount and the 3 screw sits on top of a flush surface.

http://www.driftmaster.com/Bases.html

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by striperskiff

Here’s all the details on each, so it depends on where you want to mount and application. Assuming you want the stronger 1/2" diameter mounts, the 2 screw version is a flush mount and the 3 screw sits on top of a flush surface.

http://www.driftmaster.com/Bases.html

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Thank you. That was everytbing I needed.

I’ve been considering adding some rod holders to my rig. This is good info. Thanks striperskiff!

God bless the “ignore” function.

While we are here, who has the best selection of Driftmaster products? I know I can order them, but I try to give local guys(Lake Murray area) business. Thanks again SS.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

While we are here, who has the best selection of Driftmaster products? I know I can order them, but I try to give local guys(Lake Murray area) business. Thanks again SS.

PSA has a pretty decent selection, bases and rod holders. That’s where I’ll be buying mine from. In speaking with the staff in there, they spoke with local striper guys and the MSC about product they’d like to see in the store so the stuff they have is based on what people around the Lake Murray area want/are using.

what does psa stand for. brain not in gear this morning. thanks

Palmetto State Armory. They’re on Fernandina road in Columbia.

Palmetto State Armory I think.

Good suggestion BS. Didn’t even think of them.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Palmetto State Armory I think.

Good suggestion BS. Didn’t even think of them.

No problem. Their fishing store, I think they call it the “PSA Fishing Outpost,” is only 4000-5000sq ft but the quality and selection they have packed into that little store is impressive. Most comprehensive selection in the midlands area, IMO.

i kinda thought that but had no idea that theyhad fishing supplies

quote:
Originally posted by COOLBREEZE

i kinda thought that but had no idea that theyhad fishing supplies

They opened up a fishing branch in November 2015 called Palmetto State Armory Fishing Outpost …

They have three locations, one here in Columbia next to the armory, on in Mt. Pleasant, and their new location I think is in Summerville …

We’ve been working with them since they’ve opened to get products in suited for local striper fishing and they have been very open to suggestions as well as stocking items on request …

Currently working on getting bait tanks stocked in the stores …

… it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish !!!

2005 Sea Pro 2100cc / Yamaha 150hp 4-Stroke

maybe i need to get out more. then again. i have all the guns that i need so do not visit the store often. thanks for the info

It’s not possible to have all the guns I need!!!

PSA has six retail locations but only the three LC mentioned carries fishing products. The Mt Pleasant store mostly carries saltwater gear. The Columbia (Fernandina rd) location mostly carries freshwater gear. The Summerville store, which is their largest and newest store, carries a HUGE selection of freshwater AND saltwater gear.