Rods in truck bed?

Yep, you definitely have to be aware of your surroundings. I use it mainly for traveling between the upstate and Charleston or when we go to Venice. I just about took them out in a Burger King drive thru in Islamorada. Luckily a fellow fisherman stopped me just in time.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Palmetto Trooper made this rod holder for me. It works great and is out of the way.

It’s a very nice looking rig for sure, but be careful driving through hotel parking garages, fast food take out canopies, low trees and such. They’ve got to ride anywhere and everywhere. I’d prefer them more horizontal in the truck bed myself.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

“BlueWater Fishing Team”
2004 Cape Horn 31
twin yamaha F300’s

Cape Horn 24OS Sold
twin 150 Optimax

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

nice rod holders Andy , bet you got a pin/water oak in your yard.:smiley:
George

Yes, I have a large water oak in the front yard. That sampling of leaves in the truck is minimal compared to the rest of the yard!

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Nice looking setups. I saw a guy in the outer banks one time had all of his across the front of this truck and had just rear ended someone. He looked like he might throw up. I also saw a boat being trailered and a 6/0 reel and the clip on the end of the line caught a low lying branch and the reel was being spooled all the way down the road. Someone finally caught him at a red light to let him know.