Rods in truck bed?

How are yall keeping fishing poles in the truckbed? I hate leaving them laying down for stuff to roll over them and crush the eyes and all. Rodholders on toolbox isnt in the price range. Whos got a neat DIY solution with pics? Thanks!

14’ Skiff-“Redfish Reaper”

I usually only have a cooler and tackle box in the back of the truck with my rods. I just tie the cooler and tackle box securely to one of the corners of the bed and put the rods as far away as possible. Haven’t hurt a rod yet.

I made one for around $30 out of wood and PVC. Pm me your email address and I will get you a picture.

Pioneer 197

PVC is your friend.

Custom Decals, Signs and Lettering
marvilb@gmail.com (704)658-4087
</font id=“Verdana”>

Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc & Hydra-Sports 1800cc, 150 Johnson

Made a PVC one, I’ll have to take a few pictures.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Do you have stake holes in your bed rails? If so, you can make a pretty simple rod holder. I did and it works great.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=140163&SearchTerms=rod,holder

Here ya go yakman!

Fishing Nerd

“you win some, you lose some…but nothing beats getting some!”

This one is mine. Cheap but effective.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

angle is important - trees will grab the ones you have standing straight up!

Mine go in a holder just behind the cab and the angle keeps them below cab level.

Nice Cracker Larry

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

Nice CL. I like that alot! I have a plan for mine, i want something like that, but not to cover up more of the bed. I should get around to doing mine this week. Ill be sure to post pics when im done

14’ Skiff-“Redfish Reaper”

Palmetto Trooper made this rod holder for me. It works great and is out of the way.

“BlueWater Fishing Team”
2004 Cape Horn 31
twin yamaha F300’s

Cape Horn 24OS Sold
twin 150 Optimax

This is one I made. This is the original, I have since replaced the wood with powder coated metal. I strap the rods in with small bungees and they ride great and are out of the way. I sometimes have 2 kayaks above them on a different rack.

[URL=http://s390.photobucket.com/user/d4dham/media/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■.jpg.html]

[/URL]

[URL=http://s390.photobucket.com/user/d4dham/media/Fishing%20Stuff/TruckRodRack1.jpg.html]

[/URL]

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Here’s a picture I said I’d take of mine. All PVC. They’re angled back but not so much you need anything like a bungee to hold them in. The rod tips are higher than cab but lower than the windshield grab bar on my Sea Hunt 172. The runners under the toolbox are turned up so that it fits between the box and bed and keeps it from sliding either front or back.

Also, in case anybody wasn’t aware, the majority of truck beds have slots in the bed to fit partitions. Cut a board to fit and no more sliding around coolers, tackle boxes, buckets, etc. And no having to tie them up either. Get really fancy and put some I bolts in the board as additional tie downs.

Yalls are prettier than mine.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Palmetto Trooper made this rod holder for me. It works great and is out of the way.

It’s a very nice looking rig for sure, but be careful driving through hotel parking garages, fast food take out canopies, low trees and such. They’ve got to ride anywhere and everywhere. I’d prefer them more horizontal in the truck bed myself.

Capt. Larry Teuton

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Yalls are prettier than mine.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Seeing these other clean truck beds made me clean mine out before pictures. Not pictured (in the carport in a pile now) are boat cover, greasy azz patched spare trailer tire, trailer guide poles, 3 nasty 5 gal. buckets for soap, 2 stroke oil, and a random one pickup up from under a bridge on the way home from work today, battery box, jack, and a pile of ratchet strap spaghetti. :smiley:

nice rod holders Andy , bet you got a pin/water oak in your yard.:smiley:
George

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown