Rogue Boat...What would you do?

quote:
Originally posted by C Michael Bergen

It’s official–We need to do a “Rogue Boat Roundup!”

Natureboy can bring his guns… Fritz’ll bring his cowboy buddy… Sea Tonic his tow line… and Mixed Nutz with his binoculars so he can watch from a distance.

We’ll see who takes down that pesky boat first. My guess is Fritz’d beat all y’all’s asses by just throwing his cast net over the boat…

I’m in!!

EDIT: By the way, C Michael Bergen. Will you be bringing your boat to the festivity, and volunteering as the crash site dummy? If so, I’ll leave my binoculars at home. I don’t want to miss a thing!!

A rogue boat is just like a loose motorcycle, they seem to be out fo revenge.

Double D.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

First - save the person. AND GET THE WARNING OUT. Hail the USCG ! Glad you did that. disable the boat if possible drag a rope in front of it or let it run into the marsh or crash. That’s about all you can do unless you have a firearm I had this happen many years ago. I got the people and put a bullet in the engine block. it was a pretty quick stop. The owner was pizzed about the motor- but alive .

So you fired a 30-06 round from a rocking boat at a boat doing 360’s at at least 10mph, not knowing where the bullet was going if you missed, and hit the motor? Im just asking.

Heck yeah Mixed Nutz I’ve got a beater boat at the house I’d be happy to pilot for the Rodeo… not like Natureboy is gonna miss the outboard or anything when he starts blasting away so I’m sure I’d be safe!

COOL! Let’s get the party going…:sunglasses:

I have a few armor piercing 30/06 rounds, a lariat (I bought it from a guy, in front of Home Depot), a German WWII helmet (for you), and 100 foot of 3/8" para chord. One thing though, do you mind if I bring my telescope? After more thought, I might want be a bit further away from the action, than I had previously anticipated.

Thanks guys! Lol. I think I’ll drop my cable TV service and subscribed to the RSS feed for this post. CF has all the entertainment I ever needed!

Mark Ingle
1660 SeaArk w/ 50HP Tohatsu
…Engineered to fish!!!

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

First - save the person. AND GET THE WARNING OUT. Hail the USCG ! Glad you did that. disable the boat if possible drag a rope in front of it or let it run into the marsh or crash. That’s about all you can do unless you have a firearm I had this happen many years ago. I got the people and put a bullet in the engine block. it was a pretty quick stop. The owner was pizzed about the motor- but alive .

So you fired a 30-06 round from a rocking boat at a boat doing 360’s at at least 10mph, not knowing where the bullet was going if you missed, and hit the motor? Im just asking.

I did miss once - the shot from elevation was backed by water. Always know what’s behind the target.

https://youtu.be/rKMx88Sw8KI

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs
quote:

I did miss once - the shot from elevation was backed by water. Always know what’s behind the target.

Ricoch…never mind.

Good lesson in wearing a life jacket and hooking the dead man switch to your belt.
I almost went overboard with my son, on a bad wave , after that life jacket & dead man switch

I’m with Mixed Nutz on this one, I’ll be in the cheap seats. I’d watch with my drone, but I know there’s enough ammo out there and the tape would need to be ‘removed’ before the evidence was declassified.

“No… it’s okay, I know the way out…”

Showed this to a co-worker who is a new boat owner… always wear that kill switch lanyard… Can’t believe that boat got back on plane after throwing the two occupants…be sure to watch how they stop the thing…whoa !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YobMW95xV8Q

“Lil Mudslinger” - Lowe 160 W/50hp Yammie