ROO

It is with a heavy heart that I post the loss of our sweet Roo Roo 4 weeks ago.
Her passing left a huge emptiness in our hearts and lives.
When “Roo picked us” that day at the spca 16 years ago…we never really knew just how much impact she would have on our lives…and how deeply we would come to love her…just as she loved us.
They said Roo was around 2 years old when we adopted her…so 18 years is certainly a full and blessed life by many standards…but still not nearly long enough for us.
We still look for her everyday…everywhere we go…and always will.
Anyone who knows us knows she was always with us.
Our dear friend Daryl Stubbs turned us a beautiful handmade wooden vessel for her ashes…where they now rest.
I picture her with my daddy now…he loved her so much

too.
Hurts so much to lose those we love…but blessed to have loved those who mean so much to us, and remember and cherish the many memories of times shared.
It doesnt get easier…we just somehow learn to move forward.[file ]error[/file]
Rest in peace our sweet Roo…you will never be forgotten​:broken_heart::heart:

miss'n fish'n

I’m sorry for your loss.

God has gots to love dogs

Blessed are those that live life with a dog…the most noble of animals.

Unconditional Love.

Take care.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

So sorry for your loss. Crazy how dogs can become such good friends. I remember every one I’ve lost. Going on a vacation for a bit and only reason for leaving is our Three Children are taking care of our dogs, I think they love em as much as we do.

Other than this, I hope you are doing well. Any relief with the back?

So sorry

Oh Penny, I am so sorry. I know how much Roo was a part of your family and how much she will be missed. Me and my family really enjoyed the photos you used to post of Roo in her various “outfits”. Take care.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Sad to hear of your loss! Know that she’s waiting on you, at the Rainbow Bridge, to finish your journey together.

God bless

RBF

Robinette’s Bend Forward

God bless you Penny. Anyone that ever saw an interaction with you and Roo knows that she received as much love as she gave. I sure miss seeing you around here.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

They are the best of us.
Sorry for your loss.
Definitely members of the family.

--------------------------- 17' Henry O Hornet w/ Yamaha 115 26' Palmer Scott project hull 14' Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

So Sorry to hear this Penny…Roo was part of this family as well, it’s a very sad time…

Thank you all so very much❤
Hope you are all doing well amd will have a happy and safe 4th of july!

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

I think Katie and I are going to go down to our old “July 4th Watchin’ Spot” if you guys want to join us at the tables. Probably around 6ish.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Penny, I heard this song today and it reminded me of you and Donnie. I was truly saddened by the news. I know Roo left a big hole, I just hope you find something to fill it with.

Just sing Roo when the song says Maggie, it made me smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PTcr33AAhI

I can tell you right now that a dog has a soul*

*Chris Stapleton

Edisto Fisher…thank you so very much for posting that song…it made me both laugh…and cry😊
Such a sweet good song…and defiantely a ROO ROO song now.
i had never heard it before…but defiantely on my favorite list now.
I made up a song years ago that I would sing to Roo every night about how much I loved her…dont laugh…ok…go ahead…and yes dogs love us without question…even when we don’t sing.well😊…and she always reached up and gave me a kiss on my face when I finished…dont know if it was because she loved me and the song that much…or because I had stopped singing😁
I sang it to her the day we had to say goodbye…and she once again gave me a kiss…and then one more as if to say…i love you more…as we said our final goodbyes…for now

Dogs are “not just dogs[”
img]/Forums/Content/Members/6277/0525211229~2_Signature.jpg[/img]
They are often kinder than humans…always there for us… And love us unconditionally

Donnie said
…lock your wife and your dog in a trunk and see who is happiest to see you when you come back:smiley:

Thank you again for the song❤

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

So sorry to hear about Roo. I know it’s hard!

Thank you💔

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

Sorry to hear about this Penny. My heart goes out to you!

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Penny: I don’t know the words truly, to express my sorrow for you at this time, because there was NEVER EVER any doubt among us CF’ers how you loved Roo with all your heart!!!

I would like to say from us ‘we miss you’ and your loving, wonderful posts and pix of Roo, Dad, and Donnie. Don’t ever think we were bored, or thought they were silly EVER.

Your heartfelt posts remind me of the old days on this site with Lee, Phin, 23 Sailfish, Pea Pod, JStrange, Andy, and so many others who made this site so much fun.

You and Marshgrass sharing your adventures together was so down home feeling, along with all the southern gentlemen mentioned above.

How I longggg for this site to return to those days, and our old friends who left for Facebook to "

Penny, dogs jump on our hearts with all 4 paws and never get off even after they’ve crossed that rainbow bridge. Truly sorry for your loss…

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it's lost and the story is told. - Me -What's the best eating fish, you ask? I've found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops) -Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased) -RIP my "Puppy Dog" 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I'll never forget him. What a special friend he was. -Team Gonna Fish