Room to Rent?????

Some of you know my oldest son. He was just accepted into the Accelerated BSN Nursing program at MUSC in Charleston. He is paying for this degree on his own (yeah, we’re mean parents) with student loans, etc. and needs a place to stay for about a year and a half. Obviously since he is paying his own way, he is looking for someplace cheap to rent. He doesn’t need an apartment, he just needs a room with a bathroom or something like that. His Classes start in January so he’d be looking to move in some time in December. If you have such a place or know of anyone else that does, please let me know. He is not looking for luxury but does want to be in a relatively safe area.

Thanks

just send a PM, my son has a place off the JI connector, about 5 minutes to MUSC

Pioneer 197SF

Congrats to him on the acceptance

Wish your son the best!! My last child has been doing her internship teaching and will graduate this Christmas. Has a job at a close by school upon graduation for the start of 2020! She started in Nursing and I guess didn’t like it or too hard for her and swapped to teaching. I really wanted her to become a doctor… We can’t choose for them. :smiley:

Your son will have a job anywhere in the U.S. once he Graduates!

Thanks both of you. He has a lot to get done between now and January, find a place to live, obtain student loans, settle in, etc… Nursing is an ends to a means, he ultimately want to go to Cardiovascular Perfusion school but needs some medical background/experience so he figures this is a good route. You’re right Fred, he’ll never be unemployed unless he wants to.

Good luck to your daughter. Teaching anymore really depends upon the school you end at. My wife is in her 34th year. She had planned to do another 2 but just can’t put up with the lack up discipline and the lack of support from the administration anymore. I have never seen her this stressed out. I truly believe the educational system is going to be in crisis mode sometime in the next 5-10 years as it is getting harder and harder to find good people that want to teach.

Anyway, thanks again. Connor is checking out a place with Bluesky’s son next week. Hopefully it is on his price range.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Send me a text with some details and pricerange. My wife has rentals, far and wide range. You never know. And if he’s willing to do a little work at the place, it can become very afordable.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Thanks Ricky, will do.

Does she wanna trade up?

Googling

Cardiovascular Perfusion

Okay now, don’t be de-railing my thread.

Oh, and I had never heard of it either Pea. Makes me feel a little better, you’re a pretty smart guy so I’m told.

Thanks to all that responded. Connor lucked out and found a place 2 blocks from MUSC so no driving in every day. It’s small but clean and within his price range and includes utilities, etc… He’ll be living like a monk for 16 months but it will be worth it in the long run. Hoping he can find some part-time work to offset school costs.

Best of luck to your son!! My youngest will be graduating in a couple of weeks. I got lucky and she choose to stay at the house and distance to collage was easily done

So glad you son was able to get so close to school. That Charleston traffic has become a nightmare.