RTIC Cooler Pictures

My RTIC 45 arrived on Monday and I finally got around to unboxing it and taking some pictures. Compared to a friends YETI 45 it is as close as you can get to a direct copy without stealing the YETI molds. More space inside and half what he paid for his and I also didn’t have to pay tax. Just enough minor differences to avoid getting in any trouble with copyright infringement. Not a flaw that I can find. I will be doing a test on it’s ice holding capabilities over the next week.

Dang, if that isn’t Yeti’s illegitimate brother, I don’t know what it is. Looks just like one. Maybe I’ll sell my Yeti and buy an RTIC

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Better hope they used the right foam in it, or as soon at it gets cold then hot and shrinks you might have warpage. Lots of cheaper coolers went through that before they got it right. It looks sweet though. What is the warranty like on it?

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Wish they would come out with some larger sizes… need a big ole coffin cooler to replace my old igloos

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

What kind of warranty does that joker carry? I had issue that Geronimo mentioned with my K2. Cooler lid warped. Not due to foam expanding, but due to not enough foam put in so lid had a void. K2 owned right up, said they actually had problem with foam pump not dispensing the right amount. They sent me a brand new cooler no questions asked.

They have a 7 year material/workmanship warranty

They also offer 90 day free returns and they provide the return shipping label

I’m actually going to be set up a a car show all day Saturday and it will get a good test then. Not that it is going to be hot out but it will be a start.

Yeti is suing RTIC.

https://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/texas-western-district-court/959933/yeti-coolers-llc-v-rtic-coolers-llc/summary/

Haha wow yeah they’re going to need to change the look a little.

Good review; thank you.

www.baturinphotography.com

Depending on how aggressive Yeti wants to be, they could either force them to make changes or put them out of business. In this scenario, it’s all about how deep the packets are of each entity. I will put my money on Yeti. The suit alleges Trademark infringement, but it will center around Trade Dress infringement. Trade Dress is the cosmetic, non-functional aspect of a product that gains extreme notoriety (know a product by sight), and if the two look confusingly similar to the consumer, and there is evidence of confusion, then Yeti will eat their lunch.

quote:
Originally posted by UT_VOLS13

Yeti is suing RTIC.

https://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/texas-western-district-court/959933/yeti-coolers-llc-v-rtic-coolers-llc/summary/

It looks pretty dang close to the Yeti. Very similar shape and the number on the side looks identical to the Yeti’s number. The main thing RTIC has going for it is it has their name printed in big black letters on the front of the cooler. You can tell they were going after Yeti from their slogan on the box. “Half the price and holds more ice” Well and there is a bear in their name.

It was a matter of time until a lower cost competitor came in. The profit margin on each cooler Yeti sells is so ridiculous that there’s tons of room for the competition.

Intellectual property is very poorly understood by the general public. Again, I have my money on Yeti to have them make significant changes or shut them down altogether. Once a lawsuit is filed, the defense has to decide on spending big money to have a CHANCE of winning (same status as now) or buckle to the pressure. 1/2-1 million+ dollars to stay in the same position as now with a win for RTIC.

You ladies are really into your coolers, aren’t you?

Lol