RTIC Coolers

not sure if this qualifies as a Bonzo’s Bargain so I posted here…if I posted this in the incorrect forum then I’ll start another thread apologizing for my shortcomings…

anybody familiar with these new coolers? https://www.rticcoolers.com/

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Not really anything to be familiar with yet, as they haven’t been delivered to customers yet.

I got in on the preorder, should have mine by October (or so they say).

Wadmalaw native
1999 16’ Bentz-Craft flats
1994 16’ Bentz-Craft flats
15’ Alumacraft, 1979 35 Johnson

ISLAND ARMORY, LLC - CONTACT ME FOR ALL OF YOUR FFL NEEDS!

Looks like a nice cooler with even a great price!

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Not really anything to be familiar with yet, as they haven’t been delivered to customers yet.

10-4…take it camping and let us know how it does…

Here are a couple of threads about them on another site.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/carolinas/686589-yeti-killer.html

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/687996-rtic-coolers-looks-like-yeti-pelican-have-some-price-competition.html

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I preordered one in green, but they sent out a email stating that demand for the white and tan were overwhelming, so they were only going to produce those two for now. Last I heard, the other colors were going into production around the end of the year.

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

I’ve always had a problem with these overpriced coolers.

Yeti was first, and touted the “made in USA” thing to justify the $400 price point. And they started selling.

Now, a while back, they shipped production off to China…

So let’s say in the beginning, it cost them $250 to make a cooler to sell at $400, made in USA.

Now, in China, let’s say they pay $100 to make a $400 cooler. Did they lower the price? NOPE. Have the competitors lowered theirs? NOPE.

Now RTIC comes along, maybe they can change the industry and bring everyone’s prices down…we shall see.

Wadmalaw native

yea, now there are half dozen or so in the roto-molded cooler business…I would expect the prices to begin coming down too…

Wonder if its the same company just trying to cover both sides of the market and whichever sells more they will keep? Toyota/lexus honda/acura

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

quote:

I want one but I couldn’t bring myself to pay for something in full that has never been produced. Let us know how it turns out.

A few years back (maybe 20) I was in charge of purchasing some roto molded stuff for the Army. Trust me, Yeti is WAY overpriced.

ZX

quote:
Originally posted by Lawman
quote:

I want one but I couldn’t bring myself to pay for something in full that has never been produced. Let us know how it turns out.

They have been producing them, just have not released them to customers yet. If you are down in texas where they have their facility, you can actually stop by and look at them.

quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

A few years back (maybe 20) I was in charge of purchasing some roto molded stuff for the Army. Trust me, Yeti is WAY overpriced.

ZX

Seems like I read somewhere that Yeti coolers were a lot cheaper when they first came out, but were not selling. Someone came up with the idea to jack the price up, they became a status symbol and sold like hotcakes…

^That wouldn’t surprise me…

Wadmalaw native

I’m in on the preorder as well. I am awaiting a 45qt. They have stated multiple times throughout the process that you may cancel your order and receive a full refund at anytime up until you receive a shipping notification.

It’s already been pointed out but that looks freakin identical to my yeti. I’ve had mine for 6-7 years so I don’t know if the newer ones look any different. I think my wife bought mine for $280 back then as a gift. I would not spend $400 on one myself, but $200 I would say is worth it just for longevity. You could go through 3 igloos in 10 years and that rtic would be pretty much the same as when you bought it.