Russ

I was told that Russ’s reef memorial would be taken out to sea today. It couldn’t have been a more fitting day. Russ would have loved the idea of this being done on Father’s Day…he loved his dad so very much. God has Blessed us with calm seas and sunny skies . Picture perfect. CaptEd…thanks for making this for us to honor Russ…and for placing it in the sea he so loved. We may not be there with you but our hearts will be.
Happy Father’s Day from us and Roo to you. :smiley:.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Rest in Peace Russ.

Where were they placing his memorial?

Not sure…if you are going to be out there you might pm Ed and ask…he just wanted to get it overboard for Russ.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

quote:
Originally posted by penfishn

Not sure…if you are going to be out there you might pm Ed and ask…he just wanted to get it overboard for Russ.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Thanks…sending out condolences to his family and friends. Unfortunately I didn’t know Russ personally, but we did chat a little about kayak fishing back and forth in some PM’s a few years back, when I was looking for a kayak - he gave some good advice…

today was definitely a day that the Lord had made…happy father’s day y’all…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Penny, after leaving N. Edisto this morning we headed to an area south of the Charleston 60 that had produced good in the past to leave the memorial, an area close in for people to visit/fish but all we caught was 2 keeper blk bass and 1,200,000,000,000 sharks so we left the neighborhood and headed to the Edisto 60, several boats where there, we stopped just short and drifted to avoid them, in 20 minutes was had our limit of nice size bass. After taking inventory on the fish in the cooler before headed home, we lowered " Russ " down. I kid your knot, within 30 seconds of lowering him down in 2-3’ seas we had 2 waves break over the stern…kinda weird . He is very close to the reef area so hopefully divers in the future will see him an get pictures and post. Anyone wanting the numbers PM me I will be more than happy to give them… Beautiful day out today…

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

That is great Ed! Please pm me the numbers as we will definately be running out there sometime soon…and I have. Something I want to drop…nearby. Thanks again for all you do and did.

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

yea, thanks for doing that Capt Ed…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Thanks Ed.

“Without theism…the only arbiter of morality is power.”
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HealthFirstCares

http://healthfirstcares.com/

195 Sea Fox Bay Fisher

I was more than honored to do it. It was a perfect day with good seas.

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com