S4G report 5/6 Good eats! (pictures)

Met up with LnS Marine, Holton, Alex, and Kingstree’s finest in hopes of getting in on the offshore tuna and dolphin action. Pulled off the dock at 3:45 and began the journey in the HEAVY fog to the GTH. Seas were very calm and most of the crew slept on the way out. Trolled around the hole with the rest of the fleet on a SLOW day. Ocean was beautiful, bait and fish were there but very few takers.

Picked up a dolphin here and there, then the big rod goes off. I happen to get to it first and offered it to everyone in the the boat but no takers. Cranked him in and as he approached the boat the crew began hooping and hollering. BIG wahoo! Holt on placed in perfectly along side of the boat. I dropped into low gear and pull him up to LnS Marine for the gaff shot. The wahoo was shaking his head very hard and concerns of the fluro holding grew. LnS waited until he had him in the kill zone. He prepared Alex that he may need some help. Then what appeared to me as slow motion he reached across his head with the gaff, the fish shook HARD again and…

BAM!! Perfect head shot!! With alot of moaning and groaning LnS slams him on the deck!

Picked up at 1 and headed to some bottom spots. Dropped 2 divers over for one dive. The fish and lobster where there and the boys made the most of it.

The troll was slow, divers where great, and ocean beautiful. Had a blast.

Ended with
4 dolphin
1 wahoo
2 reef donkeys
2 hogs
2 grouper
4 spinny
1 slipper

Highlights:
A hot breakfast of sausage and grilled pork chops for lunch! Will did a great job feeding the crew!

Watching LnS get into the football ready position and gaffing the big wahoo.

1 tuna away from having some kind of meat grand slam. Really wanted a tuna, wahoo, dolphin, lobster, grouper, and hog fish. Never thought the tuna would be the only one we did not get.

[IMG]http://i57.pho

nice report. suspence was killin me!

Fun day, nice job!

26’ Glacier Bay
Mistress

quote:
Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies

Holt on placed in perfectly along side of the boat.

did you talk him through it?

quote:
Originally posted by charliehorse
quote:

Holt on placed in perfectly along side of the boat.

did you talk him through it?

Yes I did. :wink:

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

Nice hoo…Good on ya!

Thats a quality killing right there. Nice job.

Mark
Mako 262 Twin Yammaha F200s
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Great job, thanks for the report…

“Miss Amanda”
-KeyWest
-Bluewater 2020CC
-Yammy F-150

www.joinrfa.orgGod is GOOD!! ALL the time!!
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.
The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.
</font id=“blue”>

nice hoo! got some eating ahead

looks good to me… how much did the hoo go?

Wahoo weighed 68. Really hoping to break the 70 mark. Maybe next trip :wink:

I’m sorry, but did I just read something about you dropping a reel into low gear?

That’s interesting.

Congratz on the day and big hoo!

www.JoinRFA.org
Luke 8:22-25

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I’m sorry, but did I just read something about you dropping a reel into low gear?

That’s interesting.

www.JoinRFA.org

Actually you did. First time I truly used that feature. Fish was swinging out of gaff range, no pumping and High gear was not getting me anywhere, I dropped it into low for the last few feet.:wink: Holton’s planer rod is quite a bit more sophisticated than ours.

quote:
quote:

That’s interesting.

www.JoinRFA.org

Actually you did. First time I truly used that feature. Fish was swinging out of gaff range, no pumping and High gear was not getting me anywhere, I dropped it into low for the last few feet.:wink: Holton’s planer rod is quite a bit more sophisticated than ours.

I guess that means my planer rod is slightly more sophisticated than yours as well?

:face_with_head_bandage:

You’re so easy to pick on.

I feel like I should tell you how you’re the man for getting lots of good fish yesterday now. I mean it. Wish I’d have been there.

That was difficult for me to say. Not because it isn’t true but because I know I’m going to catch he11 from people for blowing up your internet ego now.

:smiley:

www.JoinRFA.org

nice fish

2300 WA Keywest
Twin 115 Yammers
Honey Dew This

a man can fish for his entire life, 'fore he realizes its not the fish he has pursued!!!

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Scoutin 4 Goodies

[quote]Originally posted by Phin

www.JoinRFA.org

I guess that means my planer rod is slightly more sophisticated than yours as well?

:face_with_head_bandage:

www.JoinRFA.org

that was painful to read:frowning_face::frowning_face:

those planer rods have killed a few fish,maybe even a record…:sunglasses:

Niceeeee!!!

“If you can’t stand behind our soldiers, then try standing in front of them”

Seems like a great day out there on the water. That hoo is BEE-U-TIFUL!!!

2003 Sea Pro 220
“Reelly Blessed”</font id=“blue”>
2002 Yamaha 250 OX66

quote:

[

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Just because a man has a nice hammer does not mean he is a carpenter.:wink:

:smiley::smiley:

Sweet. Nice variety.