Saltwater Sportsman National Seminar

Anybody go to the Saltwater Sportsman National Seminar in Columbia this past weekend? If so, what did you think about it?

It was great. Paul is the (**() Saltwater version of Wikipedia and George Poveromo does a great job of making sure everyone thoroughly explains techniques, rigs, baits etc. Also, if you’ve never listened to Capt. Jimmy Price speak, you’re truly missing out on life. He is worth the price of admission.

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don’t tell them where they know the fish.

• More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927

31’ Contender
“Touche”
250 HPDIs

Great seminar, Paul aka sellsfish is very knowledgable and great to talk with, full of information. All of the locals were very informative and yes Capt Jimmy was a hoot! Picked up plenty of info and worth every penny!

I agree, it was a great way to spend a Saturday! Everyone who spoke did great. I would like to hear Capt. jimmy with a few drinks in him, lol.

I kinda regret missing this one (went to the Charleston one last year), but I had the in laws in town.

Did anyone win anything cool from the ‘raffle’?

2002 Key West 1900CC

They gave away some awesome door prizes. I saw a new LED Hydraglow light, a 30 Squall 2 speed, a ton of offshore lures and a trip to the Bahamas.

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”