Saluda River

Does anyone have any tips on fishing the Saluda river area where it dumps into Lake Greenwood?

Striper bite should be on, below Magnolia Shoals! Careful though, plenty of dangerous current getting there.

Thank you. Actually in a group fishing tournament looking for Largemouth. Just trying to get an edge…

John
2019 Hewes 18 Redfisher, 150 SHO

Don’t waste your time fishing the river area. While there are plenty of fish there, trying to handle your boat in that current will be a challenge. Most, if not all, Largemouth, are off the bed, and with the Herring/Shad spawn having occurred last week, on Greenwood. I’d suggest brush piles, and main lake structure. When is your tournament, and I’ll try to get you some more specific details?

Thank you…that would be excellent! Its this coming Saturday. I’m not much of a fresh water fisherman (unless its a pond, lol), but neither are most of the other guys. We have been doing this for 26 years. (golf tournament, sporting clays and the fishing tournament) We stay at my friends lake house on Lake Greenwood. Around the corner from Skippers. Lots of misbehavior. Thanks again.

John
2019 Hewes 18 Redfisher, 150 SHO

Have fun and be safe!

Last year I also visited this river and use my best mexican bag materials to look simple and kept my all things on it.