Sandpit view of the Afghan WAR zone

If you care at all about what’s going on over in the war zone, you’ve got to read this one.

From The Sandpit...

A very interesting read, a Marine's View of what is really going on. This young man is articulate and has a flare for colorful language, and descriptive prose,  Scorpions, Chiggers & Sand Fleas.  It’s a great letter, a must read for every American citizen.

From a Recon Marine in Afghanistan:

It's freezing here.  I'm sitting on hard cold dirt between rocks and shrubs at the base of the Hindu Kush Mountains, along the Dar'yoi Pamir River, watching a hole that leads to a tunnel that leads to a cave.  Stake out, my friend, and no pizza delivery for thousands of miles.

I also glance at the area around my ass every ten to fifteen seconds to avoid another scorpion sting.  I've actually given up battling the chiggers and sand fleas, but the scorpions give a jolt like a cattle prod. Hurts like a bastard.  The antidote tastes like transmission fluid, but God bless the Marine Corps for the five vials of it in my pack.  The one truth the Taliban cannot escape is that, believe it or not, they are human beings, which means they have to eat food and drink water.  That requires couriers and that's where an old bounty hunter like me comes in handy.

I track the couriers, locate the tunnel entrances and storage facilities, type the info into the hand held, and shoot the coordinates up to the satellite link that tells the air commanders where to drop the hardware.  We bash some heads for a while, and then I track and record the new movement.  It's all about intelligence.  We haven't even brought in the snipers yet.  These scurrying rats have no idea what they're in for.  We are but days away from cutting off supply lines and allowing the eradication to begin.  But you know me; I'm a romantic.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: This country blows, man.  It's not even a country.  There are no roads, there's no infrastructure, there's no government.

Debunked years ago…

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/freezing.asp

If you are gullible enough to believe and post this type of garbage, then better take inventory of decisions to prevent losing the household thru buying gold from someone on Fox News ads that takes the “decimated” dollar in exchange for your peace of mind with GOLD…

RBF

RBF, I don’t believe any of Snopes stuff, but I had trouble with the guy sitting there freezing in the snow, waiting to get bit by a scorpion!

Not to mention the chiggers and sand fleas.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper