Santee Trip in Early October

I am heading to santee state park for a couple days the first week in October. Oct 5,6,and 7th to be exact. I usually striper fish but lately I have been mostly bass fishing. Any suggestions on good places to fish near the state park for bass, or striper? How about places to buy shad etc? What are some lures people use for bass or do you fish them with live shad in the fall. Are the bass in close to the shore or spread out? I usually use plastic worms or zara spooks. I live in columbia so I will be coming down 26. Thanks for any advice.

Fresh live bait - Santee General Store in town of Santee.
You can normally get a fairly accurate report of where the fish are biting.

Stripers - check around the area where the river “blows out” into the lake and also check open waters on either side of the interstate for schooling stripers.

Also check out Stumphole swamp for panfish, bass, and cats.

If you have the money, book a trip with guide the first day for whatever you want to fish for and then repeat those tactics the next day(s) while you are there. This will put you on the fish quicker than anything else you can do.

Is stumphole swamp near stumphole landing? I did find that on an online map. My plan is to buy a map in a couple weeks. Also is it like sparkleberry swamp? Been there once or twice dont know if I would go alone its thick and you can get lost. Thanks.

Also figured I would mention I have a 21 foot champion bass boat. 150 Johnson GT on it. Is it okay to take the bass rig in the swamp?

Yes it will go, but idea only.
Used to take my 20’ bay boat in there CATFISHING.

I got a map today. I am gonna take it slow and try to catch some fish at the same time. I appreciate all the advise. I hope the weather stays cool. Its been 15 years Im looking forward to it.