Saturday Report.... Sort of

I got out there around 7:00 AM after getting bait from David and hit the river channel above Spence with a drift with a 50 foot down rod(singular) and a spoon. In short order, I caught 2 decent fish and encountered 5 small ones that inexplicably got off(wink, wink, nudge, nudge:smiley:). Anyways, I went to crank up to find better fish. I turned the key and nothing happened. I tried a jump. Still, nothing; so I started on the way back in with the troller, periodically trying to start the power plant with no results. By 11:30, I was on the trailer and on my way to Mid-Carolina Marine. When I got there, I explained my plight to the mechanic and got up on the boat to show him it wouldnā€™t crankā€¦ Well, the motor tried to hit. We took off the cowl, and it turned out it was a simple case of the bolts connecting the cable to the starter working loose! ā€¦ No yard bill! Oh well. Something else to keep an eye on.

When I got home, I got something to eat and hit the pillow for 4 hours. It was a late night Friday as my sonā€™s Airport Eagles beat BC 42-37. Iā€™m a proud papa as this was Robertā€™s first wire to wire varsity game at center !.. Iā€™d also like to give props to a fellow Charleston Fishing member who helped me get the Hardcore XPress on the trailer. Wish I could remember his handle.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Dosent sound to much fun for a Saturday! Is your herring staying alive long? Do you hook through tbe nostrils?

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

Fun is where ever and however you find itā€¦ I hook the herring between the nostrils and usually go with the hook in front of the left eye to get it there. Seems to live fine, but if Iā€™m marking and donā€™t have a bite within 5 minutes I check it.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Fog,

Glad to hear it wasnā€™t something more serious - especially since you just got the XPress back in business!

How old is your Yamahammer? Iā€™ll bet you have cranked that thing a thousand times!!

<ā€™)))))<
Tight Lines!
DANO
Hurricane 198 w/115 Yamahammer

Dano, itā€™s a 1987 thatā€™s been in the family since '91. It was on a (Striped) Basshawk until '11 when the transom rotted. Then, we hung it on the Xpress. Iā€™m hoping to keep it going at least until we get our oldest through college. That would be 6 more years. Nonetheless, I canā€™t complain about the service my Yammy has givenā€¦ A thousand cranks is on the conservative side. Probably 5000 would be more accurate:)

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Thanks Fog. Glad is wasnā€™t too badā€¦thatā€™s a big ole motor.

Nice report - except for the part about Airport beating BC. 6 or 8 turnovers (several resulting in easy TDā€™s) by BC really hurt - and they still fought back and had a chance to win.
Those Eagles better be ready when they come to our house. :slight_smile: HAHA!!!

Billy
USCG Licensed Captain
ā€”Team Pitt Crewā€“
Sailfish 236CC
F225 Yamaha

No 96Whaler. All thanks go to you. You made it easy to get the boat back on the trailer. I knew your handle was something ā€œWhalerā€ but couldnā€™t remember the number.:smiley:

Billy, weā€™ll see how it turns out on Halloween eve. I expect both teams to play a cleaner ball game. Right now, weā€™re concerned for our qb who was injured on our last offensive play.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer