Saturday Report

Not the most stellar of outings. I had no trouble getting my 5. 2 23 inchers, an 18, 17, and 16 were what I got. Still, it was good meat for the grill. The south shore was working and the bait lived well at 50 and shallower as Rick noted.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Well, at least my post about Friday helped you! Glad it helped someone.

Rick

You bet my friend. The wind was kickin’ it to that side; so that added to the fun. I talked to some friends who tried to find them on the lee side. They didn’t do much from what they told me.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I heard there were some schools hitting on top yesterday. Did you see any of this occur?

Nope. No schooling that I observed. One good thing is that I didn’t see any floaters. Are things getting better, or is DNR picking them up?

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

We fished and ended up with only four fish, one of which was probably 22". We had more pull and let it go hits than I have had in a long time. Quite a bit of gar activity. We fished all big pool, out of front of Jake’s, Pine Island, Hollywood Point. Looked in Yacht Cove also but did not mark any.

Bait was living at 45’.

Joby

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Nope. No schooling that I observed. One good thing is that I didn’t see any floaters. Are things getting better, or is DNR picking them up?

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

Hard to imagine they could be picking up fish fast enough that between all the weekend boaters and the guides during the week that people wouldn’t be seeing more floaters if they were out there in any kind of numbers.

I’m going to look around for some schooling on Tues am before work. Will post afterwards. The surface temp is already lower than when they were schooling last week and tonight and tomorrow night lows are in the low 60s with only a high of 84 tomorrow before turning hot the rest of the week. It may not pan out, but it will sure be a nice way to start off the day… riding around eating a steak biscuit and some hash browns with almost no wind and temps in the low 60s. :smiley:

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Im hoping to get up there from charleston and get on some schooling fish. My goal this year is to catch a few on the fly. There is nothing like a striper blitz.

I sure wish my office had room for me to park my car and boat so I could hit the early bite and then head to work. It’s too much time to go back home and put the boat back in the garage. That’s why I am picking up a new kayak tomorrow. Figured I could hit the early schooling, or afternoon bite without having to waste an hour getting the boat.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

I went out with Steverino Saturday. We took the kids out first so we didn’t start fishing till almost 7. The fish finder light up on a 27’ hump in Beaverdam. Dropped herring and immediately go hits. But they were perch. We switched to spoon and caught perch and some steverinos (striper that are less than 14") Set the lights out at dark and never caught anything once the sun went down.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude