saturday?

I recently got a boat and am looking to get into striper fishing on lake murray and want to try to go Saturday. What areas should I be looking in? What should I be looking for? What tactics should I use and what type of bait would be best? What would be a good place to get bait coming from Union? sorry about all the questions but I am totally new to this

sundance 1900

Take a look at the 4 pager New lake murray record down about 5 or 6 topics it has about anything you need to know about how when and where to catch perch or stripers.

TOM GITTO

Thanks. I read that and it helped a lot. Where would be a good place for bait? I am coming from union so somewhere in between would be ideal.

sundance 1900

If you are going to Dreher Island, George’s on Macedonia Church Rd, between Prosperity and Dreher Island might be best. You might also get it at The Station on State Park Rd on the way to the Island.

Rick K

34 Bait and Tackle is also an option. They have been keeping gizzard shad that are 5 to 6 inches long. I have had pretty good luck with those.I would call to see what they have before I went just to make sure. 803-405-1374 http://34baittackle.com Good Luck

Key West 1720 Sportsman

FISH: An animal that grows the fastest between the time it’s caught and the time you tell your friends about it!

You might want to also consider getting a couple big gizzard shad if you go to 34 bait, and you have a big enough bait tanks. What do you have for a bait tank? Launching from Dreher Island will put you right in the middle of most of the action.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

On the 3d the lake temp dropped 6* in one day. It’s back down to 47*, which is as cold as it has been all year. Big temperature swing from today to tomorrow. Will this warm up be enough to send them to the shallows to feed or will the big temperature swings have them shut down? I’m thinking it is going to be some tough fishing this weekend.

From March 1 to March 3, the water temp went up over 5 degrees. The High air temp on March 1 was 63, on March 2 it was 75 with 14 - 20 mph wind, on March 3, it was 67 with 21 - 31 mph wind.

The forecast high temperature for 5 days starting Saturday is 68, 72, 72, 74, and 72. That may not help for this weekend, but we should see much warmer water temps later in the week.

Rick K

Great … so what you’re really saying is any pre-fishing this weekend for the TX next weekend will be pretty much worthless … LOLOL

I wonder what this six inches of rain we just had is going to do to the lake?

I’d be pulling planers up against the bank next week. I’ve caught some nice fish in 2-3 feet of water in the spring. My favorite time of year.

im gonna fish sunday we will see what happens

quote:
Originally posted by Redstripe

I wonder what this six inches of rain we just had is going to do to the lake?

Where was the six inches of rain? Most I saw on the weather was two inches.

i would suggest, if you dont know which way or what to do in striper fishing , just get a good guide for half a day. tell him what you would like to know. that would be the best help, unless somebody that knows a few things will go with you. just ask and somebody may take you up on it and put you on a few fish

Well we put in and had boat troubles so no fishing today. Will try to get boat straightened out and maybe try next weekend. And to answer the bait tank question my boat has 2 25 gallon live wells that I can pump fresh lake water into and also have aerator stones in them for when I’m going down the road. The bait I bought today was still lively and now they are swimming in the cow water trough hooked to the well

sundance 1900