SC DMV wait times

I just used this to time my arrival at the West Ashley DMV to renew my license…it’s been 10 years since I have been to the DMV and I will say they’ve come a long way baby…
http://www.scdmvonline.com/dmvnew/offloclist.aspx

I will say do not get there right when they open if you can help it…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Usually about 1030 is an excellent time to get in there if you need to. They have come a very long way over the years…personalities haven’t improved that much though.

May all your favorite bands stay together…

I just go to the dealer DMV…Hazel and Theresa are awesome :slight_smile:

quote:
personalities haven't improved that much though.

Have you seen what they pay state employees?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I was talking to a State DOT cop as she was writing me an overweight ticket and I seem to remember she said she made around $23,000, a year!

I drive an hour from home and go to the kingstree dmv for all my company stuff, I look forward to it. Best dmv in the state.

Very short wait times at the walterboro dmv :slight_smile:

mt pleasant is usually quicker than west Ashley…and they have a tax office there also

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Nikki hired COL (retired) Kevin Shwedo to run the DMV, he was the former Deputy Commanding General at Fort Jackson and is a personal friend

it didn’t take him too long to fix it, how did he do it?, he visited every DMV, no one knew who he was, he would walk in and observe for awhile then act like a customer and see what happened,

he asked the worker bees (not management) what their problems were and asked them what they thought needed to change, then he met with management and made changes

they now work flex/various hours to help with their personal schedules, most of them are mothers with kids, they staff up during the busiest times and reduce staff during the slow times, they have a front desk to make sure everyone has the correct paperwork and gets the proper attention

just shows you what can happen when you put folks in charge that actually have experience in accomplishing things

Pioneer 197SF

That is exactly what conservatives do, get the right person for the job. Many of the changes at the DMV were started with Sanford. He made a good first stab to kill the beast of an operation.

The one downtown on Lockwood has always been the quickest and most helpful for me.