SC HOME t-shirts to support the Red Cross

Friend of mine set this fundraiser up.
$20 for t-shirts, sales to benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief. You can also donate directly to the Red Cross.
http://www.booster.com/scfloodrelief
http://www.booster.com/frequently-asked-questions
Ordered a couple myself… Go South Carolina!

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Thanks, Carl. I will share on Marsh Tacky Carbon’s facebook and elsewhere. Thanks for all everyone is doing, especially prayers.

http://www.sustainablefishing.org/

www.joinrfa.com

Luke 8:22-25

I think he is doing a fantastic thing with the money, but he may want to make sure he is not infringing on another companies trademark.
There was a company on Shark Tank that sells these shirts. I saw Darius Rucker wearing it a few years ago and purchased one myself.
Hate for him to get in legal troubles for it.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

Key West 1720

I don’t think there is a trademark on it. Actually the guy on Shark Tank copied the apparel company in NC as they were the first to market it. I think it just comes down to who gets the market share, and offers the best quality product at a fair price. I think its tough to patent a t shirt design unless it’s something Disney related, etc. How many flea market shirts have you seen copying other shirts.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

original goal was 500 shirts…950 sold already with a new goal of 1,000…14 days left to go…I fully expect 10,000 shirts to sell…

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

original goal was 500 shirts…950 sold already with a new goal of 1,000…14 days left to go…I fully expect 10,000 shirts to sell…

That is awesome! The new goal of 1000 has already been passed.

I will assist your friend with any legal defense I can, pro bono, for copyright issues with this, Bonzo.

Assuming there were a copyright, if it were mine, I would be proud of this, contact the fundraiser, get an agreement signed saying there would be nothing but T shirts done, and then I’d do my own thing with other products that thousands of people will have seen as a positive aid to a hurting community and state.

In other words, somebody with a copyright to this would be HELPED rather than HURT by it if they were smart, and telling a SC Judge how they deserve money back from the red cross for their T shirt?

Good luck, buddy…

www.joinrfa.com

quote:
Originally posted by Phin

I will assist your friend with any legal defense I can, pro bono, for copyright issues with this, Bonzo.

THAT’S what this is all about right there…Wes, I’ll connect you with Rhett tomorrow, just in case…thank you!

1,391 sold now!

Way to step up, Wes!!

Bonzo/Carl, good for you with the link to assist the Red Cross/SC.

Just got off phone with coworker that has been called to duty with National Guard. Got sizes for him, bride and kids and those shirts will be given to them when he returns to work.

Thanks,

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

2,993 sold as of this morning…

Thanks for putting this out there Carl! As you may know, I volunteer for the Red Cross, and any money is great. For those interested in volunteering or helping out through the Red Cross, money is the best thing you can give at this point. They are having a hard time accepting walk-in volunteers, because they don’t really have the time/personnel to train them up. Red Cross is deploying experienced volunteers from across the US to help. You can still sign-up to become a regular volunteer for the area though, which I strongly recommend. Feel free to contact me with any questions about Red Cross or relief efforts going on now.

John

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Great cause

3,558…this thing is just snowballing…

Ordering at least one for everyone in the family. Perfect Christmas gifts. Thanks for the heads-up.

4,725 this morning…and a word from Rhett, my friend who started this thing:

Dear Carl Hitchcock,
Hello,
This is Rhett, creator of this campaign. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support. It has been phenomenal! Last night, Booster contacted me and informed me that we broke their record for single day sales, and we accounted for 25% of their traffic. Those number are amazing! It speaks to the kind of people that we have here in South Carolina. I couldn’t be more proud.
We aren’t finished, yet! We still have over 13 days left in this campaign, and I need everyone to share our link with as many people as you can! In addition to our booster page at www.booster.com/scfloodrelief I have also created a Facebook Fan Page so people can stay up to day on the progress of the fundraiser. You can find that page here: www.facebook.com/scfloodrelief.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have questions about the shirt, credit cards, or shipping, you can contact booster directly at service@booster.com. They’ll be more suited to answer those questions there.
Again, thanks for your support! This money will help lots of people!
Rhett

With 6,326 shirts and $101,120 raised for the SC Red Cross so far, Booster.com has extended the this fundraiser for another 21 days.
The flood and its aftermath is not over for many of our SC brothers and sisters.
I drove down Hwy 52 from Florence to the Lowcountry this past Sunday. The ditches were still full of water, and flowing to the creeks. FLOWING…there was moving water in all roadside culverts. 500 gabazillion trillion mozillion gallons of water do not just go away. Nobody on the East Coast has seen this type of flooding. Only TS Allison in Houston in 2001 can compare (side note, Big Bonzo was there for the Allison rain event…was at the Clemson ND game for this one…yes, Bonzo secured the flotsam!) all funny aside, do what you can…anyway, check on your neighbor…support local…and remember we are ALL SOUTH CAROLINA! Dammit, I love my state and my people…

well said

www.joinrfa.com