SC removing illegal "NO Wake" signs

Dont think this has been posted, but what do yall think?

http://www.waterwayguide.com/waterway-updates/news/CAR-GA/4307/SC-to-rid-itself-of-illegal-?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=News-and-Navigation-Blasts&utm_content=CWU-9-18-2014-final

finally. i do not slow down for empty docks on the ICW with unauthorized signs anyhow.

How does a person know if it is a legitimate no wake zone? Are no wake zones posted on a map somewhere? There are several places I go through that I think that someone just threw signs up illegally.

I try to be mindful of my wake when I see someone fishing or an anchored boat but I think empty docks or boats on lifts should not be no wake.

Hydra-Sports 22 Bay Sport
225 Rude

This is a LEGAL no wake buoy. I believe all legal ones have the DNR seal on them somewhere.

Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc
Hydra Sport 1800cc, 150 Johnson

My boat is docked in a true DNR no wake zone. I see a lot of boats slow down but still have there engines between 1000-2000 rpms. That ultimatly puts a bigger wake then when on plane. Pisses me off.

Scout 185

b

Jimmy, when you edited your post you forgot the s :wink:

FTFA:

SC to rid itself of illegal “No Wake” buoys

I didn’t see them say illegal signs (which people nail to their docks).

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
190cc Sea Pro w/130 Johnson
1- 19 year old (boy of leisure)
1 - 1 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

What i was trying to say last time was, what about the police dept no wake signs? Guess those are approved by DNR. Some how i ended up with only a b.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]