SC Senate Panel Rejects Bill for Concealed Guns Wi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_T0Lo5_gzI

Come on folks , what is your opinion of Concealed Guns Without Permits in SC . Does the state laws oppose the 2nd Constitutional right . This law to be able to carry without a permit passed the House and went to the Senate which drooped it like a hot potato .
Do you have an opinion or do you want other people to make laws and you just obey without even questioning them . I don’t feel a need to carry a gun myself but I do think SC citizens are being unjustly served in this matter .

I have a CWP and have been a NRA member for as long as I can remember but I don’t much have a strong opinion either way on this one. Now this is kind of odd because I always am Pro anything gun related. That being said, what’s the big deal with taking an 8 hour safety class and getting a similar background check as you would get if you were going to buy a handgun? If anything, the class made me realize that I really, really, really don’t ever want to have to use my weapon unless it’s necessary. Understanding that, I also don’t buy into the wild west mentality…that everyone would carry a gun and we would all be shooting each other in the streets.

I’m against concealed without permit. Don’t want to go through CWP, open carry or leave it home

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

While the “training” involved probably isn’t really enough and, despite the fact that you can qualify with a .22 and then carry a Desert Eagle, I have no problem requiring a permit. At the very least, people are exposed to the legal aspects of using a weapon for self-defense. There is so much misinformation regarding “stand your ground” and self-defense.

I am also not a big fan of open carry (not opposed, just not a fan). While I think there are some deterrent effects of open carry, you also make yourself one of the first targets in a lethal force situation. As someone who has worn a gun for a long time, I prefer to be concealed when in plain clothes. That’s just me.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

We require a training and testing to drive a car in public to help protect everyone from accidents. I think most would consider it wise for guns to be held to the same standard. Actually I wouldn’t mind more stringent testing for both.

First, Most, Biggest

The answers given here sounds just like what the Senate members would say in opposition of this law being passed . My question was do you want people understanding the laws and making a judgement call for you . Most people are afraid of guns and cars until they get to know them and feel safe to handle or drive them . Do you know anybody that took up a gun and started carrying it around without some practice and getting to know it , the same for a car too ???
I have used guns all of my life but before I started I listened to my dad tell me how to use one and Care was used and still is . I would never have jumped into a car for the first time and took off driving without some type of teaching .

Oh and I agree people should be taught how to use a gun if they don’t know and I think the small course required by the state is really not much training but back to my question … Are SC citizens are being unjustly served in this matter when the Constitution of the USA gives us a right to bear arms .

I know your answer ; The state of SC makes you pass an un-stupid test first

Are SC citizens are being unjustly served in this matter when the Constitution of the USA gives us a right to bear arms .

Nope, not being unjustly served. If there’s no one to make and/or interpret law, there is no law. And there is enough case law to substantiate the Second Amendment does not prohibit states from regulating firearms. Sometimes legislatures get it right …

quote:
I have used guns all of my life but before I started I listened to my dad tell me how to use one and Care was used and still is . I would never have jumped into a car for the first time and took off driving without some type of teaching .

You are making the assumption that everyone has a dad (or someone) to teach them about firearms and that no one will get behind the wheel without a license. I was afforded the same thing, but thinking that everyone else was to, is erroneous thinking.

Narcosis

They were elected to do so. You seem to think that the 2nd amendment is some unlimited right to gun ownership. Its not and rightfully so. The extent of that right is what many contest. Don’t let common sense escape you. Do you think it would be ok to let everyone open carry full auto M16’s around or drive tanks too? You have to draw the line somewhere and that’s what we elect our officials to do, theoretical at least.

First, Most, Biggest

First off it would be hard to conceal an m16 or a tank . The house voted for the 2 bills to be passed and sent it to the senate for a vote , The senate , so they could look squeeky clean in the public’s eyes sent it to a judiciary committee of (I think) 6 judges and lawyers , well they turned it down . The house passed it 83 yeas to 27 nays ,or close to that I forget the exact count .

Why was the House vote not good enough to pass the bill with such a large margin . If you don’t think the officials can not be put in someone’s pocket for the right amount of money , well you are only only fooling yourself .

I guess we have the best we will ever have for now . For the record I don’t care if they pass a carry bill or not . I won’t ever be carrying a weapon either way , unless I am fishing or hunting .

Lots of you think I am tooting for a carry bill to be passed but I am not it is just like any other bill out there . It’s who you know and how much money you have .

I thought this would be an interesting conversation about the wonderful state of SC , I guess not .
I’m out , have at it and may your line be tight and your nets full (while it’s still legal) , Fishing might be next.

I thought this would be an interesting conversation about the wonderful state of SC , I guess not

I think you were more interested in getting agreement with your displeasure of legislative government in this instance. Not in this case, the notion of any Tom, Dick, or Harriet toting concealed is not in the best interest of the people, and the Senate so voted …

I mention M16’s and tanks as evidence that the 2nd amendment does need limitations put on it.

First, Most, Biggest

Tank ?? Where can I get one ?? Maybe
then you could get where you want to go
in a timely manner.

[url]http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af52/Curmudgeon2/lipstick-on-a-pig%20Small_zps8o98wbzf.jpg[/url]