SCDNR - Saltwater Game Fish Records for SC

I’m at the shop now, trying to figure out my new Garmin.
GPS shows my bote in Miami?

1 Like

I am not as financially stable as OTC, his nickname is Richie Rich, but I’ll help out with expenses, promise to sit in a corner and keep my mouth shut :zipper_mouth_face:

Any ideas on getting out of Miami!

Could you be in demo mode?
Are you inside the shop and don’t have good satellite signal.
Garmin has great customer service.
I had an issue several years ago. The tech spent at least 30 minutes on the phone with me. Then gave me his personal extension in case I had other problems.

I do think it’s in demo mode. Drove around the block to see if it would reset. Nope. Bote is outside.

Meh, no luck. Guess I’ll have to call Garmin, on Monday.

That’s not the one I meant to send you. Now I can’t find it. But it stated something about simulator or demo mode will show your location in Florida.
And this coming from someone who couldn’t even program a VCR.

LOL…me either!

PITA for sure!

Yes sir. I would like that. proline 29ss w/Verado 250’s. I like to pay passage and ride too

The record thing always irked me, but I have no idea what could be done about that type of disingenuous behavior anyway (kind of like line class records). BS example: If you’re fishing out of Little River and know that the grouper you just caught is bigger than the NC record but not SC, just get a buddy to drive your trailer over the line to the next landing and Bob’s your uncle?

I hope somebody hit the dawn bite on a Monday before this week blows up, slick as can be on the harbor right now!

1 Like

What’s the best wave/buoy app?

Did you get plotter straight? What flavor Garmin?

I second that

Garmin 943 xsv.

I managed to move the boat to Greenville, somehow?

Not sure if it’s still in simulator mode?

I think I might need to drive a ways, to force the navigation to start up?

Welcome to any ideas!

Might try under settings, restore factory settings.

I tried holding down the start button/ icon for two minutes. That’s supposed to prompt a factory reset?

Might need to hook it up to your computer/Garmin website. I have to do that with my Garmin dog collars and handheld.

Try home/settings/system information/reset

Thanks for the input, guys!

I’ll give those ideas a try, when I can get back to my bote.