Schooling

Wanting to go this week in the afternoon. How easy is it to find them schooling? Where should I put in and what do I look for?

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

Go to bomb and sit and wait or just ride circles around bomb. They might pop up. There is some schooling going on in the evenings but there is WAY more going on in the mornings. Did you ever buy any stretch 25s? You can catch them pulling stretches right now about 2.5-3mph…

Right now is prob one of the easiest times to catch striper. They will eat anything if u get it around them.

“All fisherman lie. And if they say otherwise, then they’re lying”

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Not yet MM, but looking into it. but did buy some of the flukes and spooks you suggested and really looking to try them out on schooling fish! Whens last time you went out? What were you using and did you see any schooling

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

Been 2 weeks since I have been out. I caught fish 60’ deep on the bottom in the big pool on live herring. All the schooling reports are coming from above spence, I didn’t see any schooling. Got reports this morning of normal sept schools (1/2 acre size) schooling.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Okay. Those stretch lures are just so expensive!

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

They were easy pickins last night trolling at 30’-35’.

Looks like we have some consistent cooler temps next week after this approaching cold front moves through. I would think they will be even shallower then and easily reachable with a stretch.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by LMfisher99

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

Striper fishing is expensive. But a 13-15$ stretch is one of the cheapest things you will buy that will last as long as you don’t hang it in a tree. Dang flukes are almost 5-6$ per pack and I will go through a pack, maybe 2 on a good day.

Hope you find them soon. It’s about time for tx season for me!! Time for me to be quiet and sit and watch :smiley: I’m out

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

… and Ben Parker Spoons are 17-$20+ depending on where you find them. I won’t be doing any bottom bouncing or tree fishing with them. Suspended, open water fish are all I’ll use them for.

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

striper skiff, rapala silver?

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

It’s pretty easy to find the schooling stripers. Just look for water splashing about two or three high or listen for them. The big ones sound like someboby dropping cinderblocks into the water. I got a report that they were schooling around Billy Dreher recently. On a relatively calm day you can see and hear them from a very long distance away.

quote:

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

Welcome to striper fishing! Before long you will be buying rod and reels, planer boards rod holders… It goes on and on… I compare it to golf and drugs, very addicting and very expensive.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

It’s really my only form of relaxation, besides riding my Harley every now & then. I don’t even do that as much as I used to. But that’s one of the reasons I do side work. I don’t have to take any monies from our household account to spend on fishing stuff. And that makes the ol’ lady happy.

I don’t golf and I don’t smoke pot any more (I just drink more beer). Now if I could get this nicotine monkey off my back I’d have it made.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

quote:

striper skiff, rapala silver?

17ft Scout
90 yamaha

yea

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki