Schultz Lake

Caught this hog on the last cast yesterday at Schultz lake on a Yamamoto watermelon w/black red/Texas rig

Nice one. Where is Schultz Lake?

It’s an oxbow off of the Ashley in the back of ‘The Ponds’ subdivision. Residents only, last I heard.

Nice fish!

yes it is residents only and we try to keep it that way but some people just cant read signs… guess they are to good to follow directions. not meaning to imply the OP was tresspassing.

if you can get there by water- it’s public

unfortunately according to the county, police, and lawyers, it is private and the people of the subivision are instructed to call the police anytime someone tresspasses on the property/lakes.

Does it go up and down with the tide:question:

Honestly, I don’t know. I have not been down there at various times to see. I know it has been a hot topic in the ponds subdivision so they went to the officials to get a reading. They were told it is trespassing and to call the police to let them handle it.

It’s not tidal. Use to fish Shultz’s Lake back in the late 70s early 80s. Either paid at the head of the road to access it, or paddled a 10’ jon boat up from Slan’s bridge ( 17-A )

Hunting club had the property before houses were built there, and tried to force people off the water that paddled up river ( Shultz’s Lake is a wide section of the Ashely River, it is not an oxbow ) at it’s western end it dead end into a swamp.

Last I heard was that if you had to get out of the boat to pull it over logs, which there were many, you couldn’t legally fish there anymore. That was a while back.

Is there still public access at Slan’s? At least for a canoe?

People still fish from the bank by parking along the side of the road near the bridge. There were signs a couple of years ago posted against parking there, but they were removed and have not been put back up since then. Don’t see any reason not to park there now, and put a canoe in…