Scope Question......Again

Have any of ya’ll looked into Vortex scopes? I have their Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 on my AR that I really like. I think it would be a good choice for the 30-30, but I have these two questions…would a scope designed/geared for an AR be fine with the recoil of a 30-30? Basically, would the recoil affect the scope’s zero? I wouldn’t think it would, but I was curious if ya’ll had any experience.

Picked up a Crossfire II 3x9x40 with illuminated center dot on a duplex reticle for my wife’s deer rifle. Haven’t shot it yet but it looks good, and is clear/bright. I went with the vortex after seeing all the positive comments online r/t their warranty.

18ft Polar CC 115 Yam.

“Pamplona is no place to bring your wife” Earnest Hemmingway

quote:
Originally posted by dippin_kodiak

Have any of ya’ll looked into Vortex scopes? I have their Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24 on my AR that I really like. I think it would be a good choice for the 30-30, but I have these two questions…would a scope designed/geared for an AR be fine with the recoil of a 30-30? Basically, would the recoil affect the scope’s zero? I wouldn’t think it would, but I was curious if ya’ll had any experience.

Bowtech Allegiance
Ruger M77 .270

I’d guess any scope designed for an AR would have enough quality to take the slight recoil of a 30-30. :question:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

A 30/30 does have considerably more recoil than an AR, but it’s still not a lot, relatively speaking. Any decent scope can handle a 30/30. Although at best it’s a 125 yard rifle so I’m not sure why anyone would want a scope on one anyway. I have no experience with Vortex but heard good things.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

The Vortex Crossfire and all the rest of the low range, $200-$300 lines of scopes use the same lenses manufactured by LOW. Most are assembled in the Phillipines and China with a few changes in the mechanics and appearance. As with any product manufactured in those places, you get good and bad. You might get one that lasts a lifetime or it may come unglued after a few shots. We’re it me, I’d look something like the SWFA Sample List and try to stretch my budget buying a good used scope of higher quality.

Also with a 30/30 your range is limited so magnification isn’t paramount. I’d look into a fixed power 4X or 6X or prismatic or red dot. Might want to step over to Opticstalk and do a search or ask the question there. There are some fellows over there that know the ins and outs of all the glass on the market. You can learn a ton from them.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Good deal. Thanks for the info!

Bowtech Allegiance
Ruger M77 .270

quote:
Originally posted by saltydog235

The Vortex Crossfire and all the rest of the low range, $200-$300 lines of scopes use the same lenses manufactured by LOW. Most are assembled in the Phillipines and China with a few changes in the mechanics and appearance. As with any product manufactured in those places, you get good and bad. You might get one that lasts a lifetime or it may come unglued after a few shots. We’re it me, I’d look something like the SWFA Sample List and try to stretch my budget buying a good used scope of higher quality.

Also with a 30/30 your range is limited so magnification isn’t paramount. I’d look into a fixed power 4X or 6X or prismatic or red dot. Might want to step over to Opticstalk and do a search or ask the question there. There are some fellows over there that know the ins and outs of all the glass on the market. You can learn a ton from them.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

This… I had a vortex once, first class pos…