Scuppers

What are the best scuppers from experience? I have the duck bill flappers that SUCK!! Let me know brand and model!! Thanks in advance!!

Hooked on The Aquatic Narcotic

17’ Key West

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day…Teach a man to fish, he’ll probably be in your spot next time.”

LKJ

Seachoice makes some that have ping pong balls in them and they are AWESOME!!!
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Seachoice_Self_Bailing_Scuppers.html

Try looking there and see if that helps.

“Here’s to swimmin’ with bow-legged women”

I have the ping pong ball ones on my boat. They work pretty well but they will let some water in if there is any debris in them.

I’ve never seen a mechanical scupper device that really works well, to both let water out and keep water out of a boat. What keeps water out of the boat is the scuppers being above the waterline. Then just an open hole is a good enough scupper. There are many devices on the market, most will result in wet feet, in my experience.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats
Marine Surveying & Repair

Hit a sandbar a while back and put it in reverse real hard, before I knew it I had half a foot of water in the stern of the boat

172 Sea Hunt Triton
1500 key west sportsman

ask stonoman. try a plug on the outside of where they drain when using the boat if possible.

jan

Nerd balls.

You should carry a nerd football to plug a hole if in need.

big dog

Nerf balls are the best.Hard to find?? went to Seels marine and found a plug.Screwed new plug to the one already on the boat.Had to silicone around it.New plug works great.Just remember to remove it so rain can flow out the scupper. Nancy at Seels will help you with the problem.She helped Me.

Stonoman