Sea Tow or Boat U.S.?

I need to get one. Mostly will be leaving from Georgetown or Murrell’s.

I searched, but found nothing really.

Thanks for any advice!

‘14 Key West 203FS w/ Yamaha F150
"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat; I’m goin’ out to sea." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)

I’m in the market for a membership myself. From what I can dig up, around here the support from either is just about the same. For your purposes both have services dispatched from Georgetown ans Murrells. Sea Tow has no limits to offshore distance but Tow Boat US does. Georgetown is 25 miles and Murrells is 50 miles. I know the local Charleston Captains from both companies are on here and I am sure they will chime in.

FWIW Sea Tow is $170/year and Tow Boat US is $150

Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc
Hydra Sport 1800cc, 150 Johnson

My wife works at west marine, and for that reason you should go with Boat US.

I think they have some kind of double or triple rewards points this weekend.

Buy a gold membership and while youre at it, pick up some new electronics. If you own a boat, you always need new electronics.

Key West 2300cc Mercury 225 optimax “Fish Tale”

quote:
Originally posted by MuddyWaterFisher

My wife works at west marine, and for that reason you should go with Boat US.

I think they have some kind of double or triple rewards points this weekend.

Buy a gold membership and while youre at it, pick up some new electronics. If you own a boat, you always need new electronics.

Key West 2300cc Mercury 225 optimax “Fish Tale”

Buying Boat US automatically gives you the gold membership at West Marine. I just went Boat US a couple weeks back. When i compared the 2, i seem to remember Boat US covering boats out further than Sea-tow but looking back now i cant find sea-tows limit.

If you ever do freshwater, Sea Tow covers some of the larger lakes also.

Steve from Towboat US also helps the members of CF at our annual oyster roast, he’s a great guy!

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

I just purchased a membership with TowBoatUS. Slightly better benefits and better service in the Charleston area. I also opted to add the trailering insurance. $14 a year is a no brainer. I hope I never have to use them but now that I’m venturing out of the harbor frequently, it’s peace of mind that is well worth the cost. It’s one thing running around in the little 14’ but now that the 18’ is on the water full time, I really don’t think I could paddle it very far and I’m also almost always by myself to add to it.

Carolina Skiff J14, 25 Merc
Hydra Sport 1800cc, 150 Johnson